1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - Stan54
I have a leak on the joint between the middle section and the rear section on the above.

Have been quoted £500 for Mild steel and £1000 for stainless steel replacement.

Currently using wynns gasket product to seal BUT can anyone suggest an alternative method or kit.

I was considering asking a garage to cut out the joint and then use some sleeving to fix, but all the rapid fit outfits just want to replace !!!!!

What a suprise !!!

The pipes are stainless but the flanges are mild steel, they are the items which have corroded.

Any bright ideas out there please ??

Thanks

Stan
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - bell boy
Stan54 no fast fit will cut/shut an exhaust for you as its not time sensible plus if it fails they have the task of repairing it for time evermore
i learnt never to repair other peoples exhausts a good 15 years ago
no offence to you ,but, they always came back whether in a day a week or 3 months and it was always my fault because i had taken pieces of silver off them.
fair enough £500+ is a lot of money so my attack would be
get an independant garage to take the system off sleeve it and weld it-------
do it yourself------------
go on somewhere like 24/7 spares ,you may find that a car up in glasgow had a brand new system last month but has since been bumped and the car was written off and gone to a breakers--------------
look for a specific toyota car breaker------------
try cash and carry for the exhaust and get a 3rd party to fit it for you---------------

looked from a different angle lots of choices exist------------

merry christmas :-)
Apologies to oldman !!!

On the Maxima .org forum in the states, bump is used to refresh the thread and bring it back to the front of the queue for replies.

Sorry to cause so much offense !!

Lesson learned

1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - George Porge
Apologies to oldman !!!
On the Maxima .org forum in the states, bump is used
to refresh the thread and bring it back to the front
of the queue for replies.
Sorry to cause so much offense !!
Lesson learned

Bump means the same here too, but you'd had a reply and so could have "bumped" this thread by aknowledging oldmans response
bump
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - Hamsafar
Try
www.pdgough.com/
They were £300ish for my Omega.
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - defender
Stan ,there are stainless repair sections to be had if you can find a local stainless fitter but cant help you on that one ,an example of a custom made stainless system for a volvo 940 would cost around £300 -£350
if you can do the job yourself ,cut a joint from any pipe (stainless or mild) a size which just slides over your stainless after cutting the rusted joint and clamp it on with u-bolts
hope this makes sense
bump/..........
testing testing--------------

just wondering if my time and effort is a mirage and only seen on my computer??

working fine here
time for bed then
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - piston power
i'll reply to you old man thats all very interesting the 24/7 spares is now on my list!! at least you tried!! merry xmas..
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - George Porge
bump

How rude Stan54, oldman took the time to suggest several methods to rectify your problem and you just say "bump"

Buy a new one.

Bump that!
1997 Toyota Camry Exhaust Repair - jc2
Ford do sleeves of various sizes to connect up exhaust systems;have a talk with your local partsman.