Ford spare wheels - Robert Brereton
Does anyone know of a locking device that will prevent spare wheels on Ford Fiestas and KAs being stolen?

I have had 2 go in the last couple of weeks, one from a KA, which was not noticed until literally 5 minutes before the swap for a Fiesta, which also had its wheel removed 2 weeks after purchase :-(

This was in broad daylight, outside the office, on a fairly busy road in an area considered to be good.

Bob
Re: Ford spare wheels - Tom Shaw
Never leave a new tyre as a spare - these are what thieves are interested in as they can be sold on easily. Paint your registration number on the tread in bright orange paint, which will wear off quickly if you drive on it but will make it difficult to dispose of without a lot of hassle. Thieves generally are not hard workers, if it isn't easy most of them will move on to something else.

After having the spare on a 106 nicked a few years ago, I did toy with the idea of winding barbed wire round the replacement, but plod might take a dim view and I might forget myself in time.
Re: Ford spare wheels - j.cronin
There was a device available that puts a bolt thro' the wheel and the boot floor.Don't know the name.This theft is even more common on French vehicles as Ford took the trouble to put sheetmetal round the cradle unlike Peugeot or Citoen.
Re: Ford spare wheels - Trevor Potter
Correct. Fitted same to wife's 306.
I will get name of manufacturer (from golfing partner's son)
and re-post.
Re: Ford spare wheels - gerge trully
Never ever buy a Ford
Re: Ford spare wheels - Trevor Potter
Sorry, - I missed the connection - what has that opinion to do with the question?
Re: Ford spare wheels - j.cronin
Trevor-who makes the device?
Re: Ford spare wheels - Keithb
Available from :

www.ospreyproducts.co.uk

Can buy on-line - prices start at £17.50 or the site says some Halfords superstores stock them.

Keith