diesel particulate filter audi A4 - colin99
Thanks for feedback. I am still stumped as to what to do re. the light coming on every 40 miles!! I can't just go for a long drive each time the filter bungs up.It bungs every 40 miles!!. I have given a letter to Audi saying that if it keeps going wrong I will have to have a refund. I am flabber gasted that there is no other way round this!?
Car is 7 months old..6000 miles
Any advice?
diesel particulate filter audi A4 - 659FBE
Colin, I'm assuming your car is a B5 Passat (North - South engine) with a 140 PS PD type diesel engine. If so, the news is not good as this problem seems to be unsurmountable on the Skoda Superb (same car, sorry) and according to the Briskoda website, VAG don't give a damn.

The problem is that the B5 is an obsolete floorpan (the new Passat has a transverse engine) so VAG will not want to do any development work on it. I suspect that your car is a B5 platform as cabrios are generally the last adaptation of a new model, and are also a very good way of squeezing a little more money out of an old one.

Have a look at the Briskoda site under "Superb" The thread is "Superb 2.0 140HP - don't buy one" and see if a complaint to the SMMT is indicated. As the SMMT exists for the benefit of the Trade and not the consumer, I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

I'm sorry this is a very hard one - let us know how you get on because if VAG don't treat their customers properly over this issue, I for one will never buy another.

diesel particulate filter audi A4 - colin99
Audi A4 cabrio 2.0 TDi 140.Thanks for the message. I have broken down again and am getting the car recovered as I speak! It is the last time (!!) as I have already been recovered 3 times and it has been into Audi 12 times for the filter problem. I am going to ask for a full refund. I have already given them a letter of notice saying I would have to do this if it happened again.
Audi say they cannot remove the filter!!!I s this really the case??
This is a genuine design fault! Colin
diesel particulate filter audi A4 - 659FBE
The filter cannot be removed due to the requirement that this vehicle meets Euro Cat IV pollution requirements.

I hope you are able to reach a fair settlement - the record of the VAG boot boys is not good when problems like this arise. Keep us posted.

diesel particulate filter audi A4 - FV

My Audi A6 (2.0l TDi) has just gone in to my local garage with this proble!

£937.37 for a new filter to be fitted!