Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - CarlW
Hi,
Anyone know where i can get hold of some of the above oil, as i've just had a quick fit special (they did a good job as i watched from a distance by the way) and can't seem to find any in Halfords etc.
thanks, Carl
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Falkirk Bairn
Costco used to stock it (as well as Mobil 1) but it was not on the shelf last week in Edinburgh

Mobil 1, Castrol GTX 10-40 & Chevron 5-30 were the choices
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Ruperts Trooper
Asda Walmart had some in a while back, bought some for our ageing Nova, quite cheap as I recall.
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Roger Jones
Kwik-Fit, which is also likely to be cheapest, with their fixed-price oil-change deals regardless of quantity.
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Roger Jones
Aaaargh -- by "quick fit" you mean Kwik-Fit?
Thanks everyone, i'll try Asda next time I'm in there.
Still can't find the Mobil 1 10W-40 Semi synth oil anywhere yet, although when i was in an Esso petrol station i noticed that they do an Esso 10W-40 Semi Synth oil.
My question is, is it ok to mix brands of the same type of oil and use the Esso one, or should i stick to Mobil 1 and use a different type to top up (ie Full synthetic 0W-40 which is everywhere)

thanks.
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Hamsafar
Esso and Mobil lubricants are both made by Esso at Abingdon or Fawley, but I have no idea whether they're the same.
How about the using the Halfords oil instead of Mobil to top up, i just read on another thread that it is quite good stuff?
Anyone think that mixings brands is ok to top up oil.
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - wayne1980
a friend of mine who runs a rally prep'd RS 2000 says that halfords oil is manufactured and packaged by esso> so it makes sense to say it should be good stuff no?
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Hamsafar
and Comma is owned and made by Esso too, makes you wonder if they're all the same really, why bother making different ones which are 99.9% identical?
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - local yokel
And the Halfords own brand is on offer at £9.49 for 5l of 10w40 right now - 50% off.
Bargain, i'll stop there on the way home.
Thanks for all the tips !
Mobil Super 10W-40 Semi Synth Oil - Aprilia
95% of automotive oil sold in Europe comes from just the 5 big oil suppliers. OEM's (like Halfords, Motorquip, Ford, GM etc) sell re-labelled oil from these suppliers.
Basically, if the oil meets the appropriate SAE and manufacturers specification then it will do the job - just buy the cheapest which meets your car's requirements.