Dodgy traffic officers... - ian (cape town)
Local newspaper reports...

City traffic officials ordered to serve at least eight warrants of arrest on a colleague claimed they could not find him - although he works in the same building, in the licensing section.

Two of the cases against the traffic department employee, who has been stationed at Green Point for 20 years, have been closed because "the accused is untraceable". The other six case are still "pending".
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - Wee Eckie
Colour?
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - ian (cape town)
Eckie,
I am led to believe they are whities.
However, given the nature of the channel, with jocks, geordies, taffs, scousers, krauts (sorry AndyB), cockneys, brummies, slow-witted fenlanders, chinks, gooks, spades, dagoes and gollies, I don't think that race or origin is an issue, do you?
Ian (married to a native, cape town)
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - ian (cape town)
Eckie, I'd assume (length of service) they are probably hangovers from the previous regime.
No names were mentioned.
I Hope this assists you.
Ian (CT).
*Grins at Martyn/Stephen*
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - richard turpin
BLUE.
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - THe Growler
Ian will appreciate this. Moonlighting traffic cops in Manila have been stealing the "No entry" plates from traffic signs and re-attaching them at night to traffic sign poles to create instant One-Way streets. Unsuspecting regulars who then take their normal route home after a few beers or a session at the videoke with a younger companion or two are then flagged down and issued tickets with on the spot fines.

Naturally these hapless victims are surprised to find in daylight no sign of cops no sign of "No Entry" signs, which have been returned to their rightful place elsewhere.
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - Mark (Brazil)
I hope they don't catch on to this here.

The trick they use in Brazil is to stop you and say you did something - whether you did or not. If you try protesting, then they are very polite and say that they need to wait for their sargent (how do you spell that ?) to arrive and he will know what to do.

Then you are informed that you need to wait until he arrives, and this will be tomorrow morning.

Faced with 12 hours by the roadside or a $20 US bribe, what would you do ?
Re: Dodgy traffic officers... - Dick Shunarry
(1)...............sergeant

(2)......................that