Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - Dulwich Estate
The Peugeot barely turned over on the starter and wouldn't start yesterday morning. The logical thing to do was to think about the battery and maybe charge it up. Before anything else I knew that one day I'd need the radio code if and when the battery was disconnected and unfortunately I didn't get it when I bought the car. The 10 year old car had always been serviced at the same main dealer before I bought it last August and I thought I might just call them hoping they might give me the code number after a visit and a few pounds changing hands.

Well, knock me down with a feather. On the phone they asked for the registration number, tapped away on a keyboard for a moment or two and said the code is * * * *.

Just like that - amazing.
Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - bell boy
>>>>>>>>>>>>.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maybe they have a tommy cooper lookalike at deception, (how do you change a wheel?) .........just like that ha ha
Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - mjm
They did the same for a Peugot 106 my son had.
The main Peugot/Citroen dealer in my area also supplied me with the relevent key, radio and security codes for my car, after I proved it was mine. They waived the £15 fee, as well.

Its just part of the dreadful deal you get with a French car!
Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - Westpig
Well, knock me down with a feather. On the phone they
asked for the registration number, tapped away on a keyboard for
a moment or two and said the code is * *

imagine though if Mr Car Thief stole your pride and joy and rang saying the same thing, because he wanted the radio to work.......
Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - Dulwich Estate
Yes, that part had occured to me too. Maybe I just sounded convincing knowing they had serviced it for the last decade.

"pride and joy" well, no, not really - it's the opposite really. It's a car that can get scraped, bumped and scratched for all I care - I just want it to work. I took great pleasure a couple of days ago when an impatient lady in a nearly new BMW 3 insisted on driving through a gap that didn't exist and gave us both a loud door mirror impact - I've no idea what happend to hers (but here's hoping...) mine just popped backwards and I just reset it.

The battery, by the way, is a Unipart Sampson first charged Nov 03 and the cells were dry - I must have poured half a cupsworth of de-ionised water in each one and the charger is now contentedly humming to itself.
Helpful Main Dealer - Shock - Hugo {P}
Citroen dealers can do this as wel. It is all good until you come across a car that has had another car's radio installed though......

This sort of thing can happen quite legitimately, for example radio/cassette player dies and owner/independent dealer sources another legit second hand one from a car that has died.

...or upgrades to CD player.