Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - Peter D
The doors lock and unlock is you use the key in the door but if you use the remote or the inside door switch the passenger door does not respond. I've checked all the wiring and found no fault and the Convenience report no known faults via the VAG unit. Any ideas or hase anyone got access to the locking cct. Regards Peter
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - Hamsafar
Try disconnecting the battery. Mine did this after disconnecting the battery once, I had to disconnect it again to reset something.
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - L'escargot
Try a generous squirt of WD40 or similar into the keyhole of the offending lock. It worked for me on one occasion.
--
L\'escargot.
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - Dynamic Dave
And once you've loosened the lock up with wd-40, then take note of Cyd's suggestion in the following thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8483
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - yogi69
Hi you will find on all mk4 Golf's that it is a standard procedure that only the drivers door unlocks with the remote. This is done for security so only you can get into the vehicle. Hope that puts you to rest.
Thought of that but the passenger does does not lock via the remote or open. One press for the drivers door and two presses for all doors. Regards Peter
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - yogi69
Hmmm,ok, how about if you put the key in the passenger side barrel, what happens then?
Car not here right now, Il'l ask. Regards Peter
The key in the Passenger door operate all lock, flashers and interior light as it should. It is just that the remote Fob does not lock the passenger door. Regards Peter
Golf Mk4 electric door locks. - mark25
If it is a real fault, they're normally down to dry solder joints inside the door lock mechism. Here's a DIY repair guide:

www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmecha.../
Thanks Mark. Yeo had the lock completely apart and inspected all wiring PCB and joints. All OK. Fired lock motor up whilst aprt and AOK. Also had a loan of a spare lock when I discovered the problem and that acted the same. Vag-Com reports No Faults. Regards Peter