more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Westpig
Recent campaign in NE London

key: OCU = Operational Command Unit..... TfL = Transport for London

Officers working under Operation Foist have seized 1806 uninsured vehicles in just four weeks.
Officers from the Traffic OCU targeted uninsured drivers in the Hackney, Haringey and Newham.
The joint initiative with TfL was launched after research carried out by TfL found that these three boroughs have the highest fail to stop figures. A recent government report also showed that uninsured drivers are far more likely to be involved in a fail to stop collision.
During the four-week operation, £12,000 of cash was found, 0.5k of heroin seized and 212 people were arrested for a variety of offences. Officers also seized two Porsches, valued in excess of £150,000, a BMW Z4 and a Hummer.
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - knowwun
>£12,000 cash was found

£12,000 / 1806 = £6.64 per car.

I think Dick Turpin boasted a better profit margin during stops in North London? (adjusted for inflation of course)
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Vin {P}
Plus the cash for selling the cars. Plus the cash if they bagged up the heroin and flogged it.

V
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Ruperts Trooper
It's the same logic as using ANPRS cameras, if a car is untaxed, uninsured or not Mot'd then it's far, far, more likely to be involved with other, non-motoring, crime than legitimate cars.
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Dave N
Lets just hope the majority weren't 'non-white' otherwise the'll be facing racist cries.
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Vansboy
I guess these types of operations are good PR, as well as getting rid of, in the most part, a lot of scrappers, from our roads.

I also like the joint collaboration between Police/VOSPA/DSS when they usually earn a bit of a bonus, from the big roadside checks, they run, not often enough!!

VB
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - Bromptonaut
>£12,000 cash was found
£12,000 / 1806 = £6.64 per car.
I think Dick Turpin boasted a better profit margin during stops
in North London? (adjusted for inflation of course)

I'd guess that like the heroin the 12k (used twenties?) was an incidental find in one vehicle. Illustration of the fact that those who "dis" insurance or red lights are disproportionately likely to have fingers in other pies as well.
more 'no insurance' clamp downs - grafen
I guess all of us on here are fully taxed, MOT'd and insured, so it's good to see TfL doing something positive...