A Mini Adventure - Stuartli
If you are going to hit a brick wall then, it would seem, a BMW Mini is pretty much up to the job of protecting you...:-)

www.southportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?thre...3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
A Mini Adventure - component part
In all fairness, that's a weak looking wall, I'd expect any car occupant to walk away from that one.
A Mini Adventure - local yokel
Looking at the state of the wall either side, I reckon it could have been pushed over by hand. Glad the occupants were fine, but I don't think the structural integrity of the Mini was even slightly tested.

Try it on 12" of reinforced and well-founded concrete and then report back!
A Mini Adventure - Bill Payer
The wall does look weak, and most of the bricks have separated from each other, but even so, there's still remarkably little damage - the headlight doesn't even look broken! The bricks have been scattered and a coping stone left on top of the bonnet, so it's not as if the wall's just fallen over.
We had a really serious accident involving a bus and a car back in September - the driver was lucky to survive after his head was buried in rubble and soil after being thrown out through the windscreen after the bus hit a garden wall:

www.southportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50...5

The bus driver had right of way. The car driver, who lives in the area, apparently ignored a give way sign. He is facing several serious charges.
A Mini Adventure - component part
No offence to the bus driver here-(the guy that caused this crash is nothing more than an oxygen thief to me and doesn't deserve to exist imo)-but had the bus driver been wearing a seat belt, he would have walked away from that, I'm certain. I know-we don't know if he was or wasn't wearing one, but that's what I'm guessing-look at the bus, it's intact, imo there is almost no chance of a seat belted driver being flung throught he windscreen in a collision like that.

Always wear your seatbelt kiddies. Although I will admit, you don't expect to crash that hard whilst behind the wheel of a massive bus, travelling at what, 20-30mph max.
A Mini Adventure - Happy Blue!
Was out last night with the family and driving through a mostly ethnic area. I had right of way on a minor link road, when a souped up Honda drove right across my path without looking or stopping. Two males in the car. I hauled the anchors on and avoided an accident by about 2 metres. People in the Honda simply laughed and continued on their way.

Similar to the Mini Adventure without the nasty consequences.
A Mini Adventure - Dalglish
... driving through a mostly ethnic area ..

is that the( new?) politically correct way of describing golders-green, or notting-hill, or southall ?

A Mini Adventure - Happy Blue!
Not being from London I guess that......

Golders Green - Jews
Notting Hill - Black
Southall - Asian sub-continent

I was referring to the north Manchester equivalent of Southall.

BTW I live in the north Manchester equivalent of Golders Green and am very happy there living amongst my own kind!

>>but had the bus driver been wearing a seat belt>>

The bus was not fitted with a seat belt according to a friend of mine whose husband is a driver and, she told me, it's been a source of concern to the drivers, especially after this particular incident. In fact I don't think any of the local buses have a seat belt for the drivers, although this may well now change for the better.

The bus was empty, apart from the driver, as he was returning to the bus depot.
PS

The court case explains a lot:

tinyurl.com/yjupbz
>> The court case explains a lot:

When with 'they' realise that all the speed camera in the world aren't going to stop people like him, the real dangerous drivers.
A Mini Adventure - TheOilBurner
"When with 'they' realise that all the speed camera in the world aren't going to stop people like him, the real dangerous drivers."

When every car has automatic speed limiters fitted and speeding becomes impossible. Until that day, we'll continue to blame the one thing that just happens to generate lots of cash via its enforcement.

I wonder what the Scamera partnerships would say in the situation of zero speeding offences if the number of deaths/injuries is little changed from what it is now?
What would be the new excuse for taxing normal, reasonable progress? Tailgating will be impossible once the cars start to take control of themselves in just a few short years, so that one won't wash.

I know, they could charge vast sums in tax for just driving from A to B and justify it on the basis of environmental do-gooding. Hang on...
A Mini Adventure - AR-CoolC
Quote from the court case write up.
?The officer who attended the hospital after the accident said that in his view O?Hara was clearly under the influence of intoxicating liqueur ? his eyes were glassy, his speech slurred and he smelt strongly of liquor.

?He refused to give a blood test telling the officer: ?I don?t like needles?.?

So is this the new way to get off a DUI? tell the police you don't like needles and they can't take a blood test???
So is this the new way to get off a DUI? tell the police you don't like needles and they can't take
a blood test???

Not at all - he got done for "failing to supply a blood test" - which IIRC is the same as if he'd tested positive.
A Mini Adventure - Lud
Don't they ask for urine instead?

Not easy either if you are of a nervous disposition, especially as they have to more or less watch to make sure you haven't got some clean innocent pee in a container for just such moments...

I remember some years ago someone got off this by insisting that the doctor take the blood sample from his, er, male organ, which the doctor refused to do... Case thrown out IIRC.
A Mini Adventure - Micky
Was this the heavily tattooed O'Hara?
A Mini Adventure - Lud
Not him perhaps, but someone of the same sort, as it were.
A Mini Adventure - Lud
Doh. Sorry M, just realised what you were getting at, tattoed, needles, I am getting old.