Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - LongTallHowie
Opinions Please!!
I have seen a 2004 Vectra SRI 3.0 CDTI 52,000 miles for sale £7,795.
Can you tell me if this is a good price and also more important is it a good car??
Also do they have a Cam Chain or Belt?
Thanks
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - prm72
I think they are a good car for the money, the 3.0 cdti is a lovely engine ( Isuzu ) and very economical for a big lump, its cambelt by the way.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - barchettaman
The Opel mechanic I spoke to about this car/engine combination said it had a voracious appetite for front tyres, and would easily spin its wheels in 2nd. He said to try the 1.9CDti 150bhp.
Haven´t tried it myself - sorry I can´t be more specific!
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Roly93
3.0 cdti is a lovely engine ( Isuzu ) and very
economical for a big lump, its cambelt by the way.

I'm surprised to hear this, as when fitted to the Saab 95 it was apparently very troublesome, unless it was something only Saab did ?
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Hamsafar
A colleague has one, same year, he bought it about 18 months ago for £15k.
His is automatic, and it's a lovely combination. A very smooth and quiet engine, especially for a non-prestige make of car, even when kick down and overtaking.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - midlifecrisis
Great engine. It's as good as a 3.2 petrol without the thirst.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Marc
Check out :

www.forum.vectra-c.com/

There are owners of this car on there. They will be biased though obviously!
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - midlifecrisis
I hear the moderators are very nice though!!! :)
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - prm72
Ha, nice one.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - TheOilBurner
IIRC, the 3.0 V6 diesel was rumoured to be unreliable in the Saab 9-5 because the smaller engine bay (yes, smaller than a Vectra or the 9-3...) interfered with cooling.
However, this engine is also used in the Isuzu Trooper, where it is also suffered from over heating problems. This leads to two conclusions: either then engine is still overheating in the Vectra and nobody has seen the trend yet, or GM managed to sort the unit since it went into the Vectra and it is no longer troublesome.

This unit has been around in the Vectra-C since 2003 so I would expect there would be reports of problems by now, I haven't seen any myself though, so scenario two from the above appears more likely.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Xileno {P}
This lump has also found its way into some of the larger Renaults, such as the Avantime, Vel Satis and Espace. I have not heard of any problems, although I suspect numbers sold are relatively few.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Dave N
Which Isuzu trooper has the 3.0 V6 diesel?
There's this one:

tinyurl.com/ykb8bl

According to wikipedia, it is the same DMAX V6 engine, but who knows how accurate that is? ;)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMAX_V6_engine

And yes, it was used in the Vel Satis and Espace too.
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - cheddar
It is a refined engine though not very torquey for it's size, 370nm from 3.0ltrs where as 2.2 TDCi / X-Type / Avensis's etc produce 400nm and a 3.0 BMW can produce 550nm.
Which is why most people instead choose the GM/Fiat 1.9 CDTI (150) with 315Nm of torque and superior fuel economy to boot. Not much difference between 315 and 370 Nm really, especially since the 3.0 V6 adds another 40kg of weight to shuffle about.

I think they tweaked the engine recently so that the 3.0 V6 now produces 400 Nm, which is more like it!
Vauxhall Vectra 3.0 CDTI (Diesel) - Hamsafar
In a road vehicle, it's the area under the torque graph which matters most, not the peak torque which is best for generators and electrodiesel trains.