when to do Proton Persona timing belt? - Fireman
Today we bought from a Proton main dealer a 1998 R Proton Persona 1.6 automatic for my mam, its done 45000 miles and has full main dealer history (only cost £655 too), but i was wondering when we should change the timing belt?. The handbook says 54000 miles but the guide in the 'car by car breakdown' section of this wonderful website says regular changes are needed, so i dont know if i should wait until 54000 miles or not. Can anybody please help me, thanks.
when to do Proton Persona timing belt? - Sprice
If its still the original timing belt on the car, replace it, as they should be changed within a certain time or mileage, whichever comes first (but check through the main dealer invoices to make sure it hasn't been done).

Underated cars these, my mate and his fiancé both have Personas, his a 1.3 and hers the 1.8 Gti, both have been very reliable. Remember, they use Mitsubishi mechanicals, so if you need parts you can check under Mitsu if there's no listing for Proton.

Happy motoring!
when to do Proton Persona timing belt? - piston power
as a guide change them every 40,000mls or every 4 yrs which ever is sooner some cars will do 60.000mls but as i said it's a guide, the cost to repair if it fail's can cost more than you paid for the car!! good luck