James May and his Jagwah - Micky
The incomparable James May, a Jag and someone else touring France to test the wine and cheese, 8.00pm today BBC2. It's a bit of a surprise to find something that might be of interest on the box these days.
G&T at the ready ...
James May and his Jagwah - Stuartli
Not laughed so much for ages.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
James May and his Jagwah - Leif
"Not laughed so much for ages....."

Me too. First time I've watched TV for about 6 months and very entertaining it was too. I wonder if the offy's still open?

"Bit fashionista-celeb for broad daylight in Hertfordshire."

I'll have you know that this area of the world is very up market with the likes of the Beckhams aka Thick and Thin living here. 'Ow more up market does tha want lad?

As an aside, and aplogies to get onto motoring, but whenever I drive on the A1, especially near Sandy, Beds, I see lots of old American cars, the huge old ones, and I always wonder why.
Hic %%
James May and his Jagwah - Nsar
Well that was an hour of my life I won't see again wasted on cynical, formulaic TV of the very worst kind.

Expect side-splitting capers with a broken down Jag parked outside super swanky chateau inducing apoplexy in OZ Clarke as JM tinkers a bit under the bonnet about 29 minutes into the second episode.

I like James May most of the time in the DT and his contributions to TG are the best bit of that show but that was truly pathetic.
James May and his Jagwah - Lud
Yes, it was a bit boring. And they seemed rather offhand I thought with the French. I would have thought Oz Clarke would be a bit more fluent than that. The Jag-boot wine thing was very very silly.
James May and his Jagwah - mini 30 owner
Wasn't May awful?

- Peering out from behind his grey follicle curtains like a shy schoolboy - the only French person who pointed at his car made plonk was clearly a nutter - green lycra suit with the pockets full of chestnuts, string and marbles

That poor old French lady looking at him squashing his grapes clearly thinking - "Mon Dieu - thank the Lord this man is no son of mine"
James May and his Jagwah - BazzaBear {P}
Wasn't May awful?

Let's face it, your earlier posts in this thread make it pretty clear he could have turned water into wine and you'd have still thought him 'awful'.
You've decided to hate him, and hate him you will.
I don't hate him -

He put's himself on TV for his own financial reward

I'm simply reviewing his entertainment vale - it's subjective and I don't hate him - I simply don't RATE him
sorry - "entertainment value"
"> I simply don't RATE him<"

You're Germy Klaxon aren't you. I claim my prize.
James May and his Jagwah - BazzaBear {P}
You seem to have quite a bee in your bonnet about him. You'd already prejudged the programme and him to be terrible before it had been aired.
I'd seen the previews

He's well known on the telly after all

James May and his Jagwah - Dipstick
I thought it was great. I laughed a lot.
He's on R2 now selling his board game

Go for it May - fill your boots
Come along now Germy, you've had your fun but you've been rumbled. So be a good chap and do the decent thing.

What board game? I cannot begin to imagine a board game designed by May. Does it involve spending the carpet money on a Moto Guzzi?
James May and his Jagwah - daveyjp
I saw bits of this after Oz and James were on 5 Live, but I was really disappointed. May's act (or it may be real) of being ignorant of anything which doesn't interest him and his total lack of enthusiasm to learn anything reminds me of the 'Vicky Pollard' character. They might as well have done the show with some 19 year old Chav who Oz was trying to educate on wine - they could have driven across France in a well tuned Saxo instead!
James May and his Jagwah - Westpig
SWMBO and I have just watched it.........and........ really enjoyed it. Good harmelss fun with a bit of humour chucked in....... and education on a subject i'd like to know more of.
James May and his Jagwah - Pugugly {P}
Just watched it as well, it was enjoyable telly. The XJS still looks good even now 30 years on (from the original hard top)
James May and his Jagwah - Lud
Ah yes PU, nice straight example it looks like, still you'd want the stiff one with the roof and flying buttresses wouldn't you?
James May and his Jagwah - Stuartli
>>The XJS still looks good even now 30 years on>>

The last time I drove one and over quite a considerable distance at the time was in France...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by