Vaseline - Dan J
Why is it other customers and staff alike at the local Boots do not for one moment assume there might be some completely innocent reason as to why someone might be buying a large tub of vaseline? The number of raised eyebrow/embarrassed stares/giggles I received mean the next time I am sending the Trouble and Strife when she is make-up shopping...

P.s. Squeaky dashboard...
Re: Vaseline - Dave
Dan, I think you should stop wearing your 'Frankie says Relax' singlet when shopping at boots...
Re: Vaseline - ian (cape town)
A friend of mine ( a rather robust gentleman) worked for a fax machine leasing company.
The machines they used had a band-driven roller, but the rubber-bands were prone to failure, and replacement bands of the right size were hard to get. The stationery shop types were square profile, where the machine needed a round profile.
Anyways, some bright spark came up with the idea of cutting the little rubber ring off a certain rubber product - also available at the chemist!
Worked fine, but it was then discovered that the "tougher" variety of product worked better!
So my friend has to buy several boxes of extremely tough rubber products.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for some etc etc ..."
"Yes, what type do you want?"
"The really tough strong ones."
"Certainly sir - how many?"
"about 100."
"A HUNDRED?"
"Yes, a hundred."
"I don't have that many in stock - I'll have to order them, sir."
"Well, I'll take as many as you have now, but I'll need the rest by Friday."
"Errrrrr, yes sir..."
You can well imagine...
Re: Vaseline - Dave
Doesn't *everyone* need 100 extra, extra, extra tough FL's a week?
Re: Vaseline - ian (cape town)
Dave,
don't drag us down to your private hell.
:)
Re: Vaseline - peter
Didnt you miss out the most important bit of the specification ....extra large....
Re: Vaseline - David Millar
Just so this gets back to motoring. The story goes that the sales manager of the London Rubber Company was so pleased with the Vale Special he ordered from the works in Maida Vale in the 30s that he went back and presented the work force (admittedly pretty small in numbers) with a gross of their principal product. Bespoke car to measure but no mention of whether the return merchandise was equally bespoke.

David
Re: Vaseline - Graham Sherlock
Has he tried bulk discount off the Internet?
Re: Vaseline - Double Decker
They don't call it V****line for nothing!

DD
Re: Vaseline - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
Dan,

For maximum effect try buying your rubber gloves at the same time !

Regards, Adam
Re: Vaseline - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
I was waiting for that!!!