Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - cbee
Despite my best efforts I have got some Autoglym polish on the black plastic trim. After a week the white mark's come through Autoglym bumper trim and Back to Black. Even tried getting it off with tar remover - no luck. Anyone got any ideas please?
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - rtj70
No experience but what about a high pressure washer jet? Won't that maybe shift the underlying problem? Worth a try at least.
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - Wales Forester
Had the same problem a couple of years ago on an S60, the selling dealer had been a bit careless with the polish and got it all over the door rubbing strips.
I managed to get it off with hot soapy water and a tooth brush, along with a bit of elbow grease and patience obviously.
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - Armitage Shanks {p}
Autoglym helpline = 01462 677786 and/or www.autoglym.com
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - Victorbox
I find Autoglym's Bumper Care good for polishing sun bleached plastic but for polish stains I've used either Armor All Protectant or Autoglym's own Vinyl & Rubber Care - both are liquids and seem to get the stains out of the pores of the plastic. You could even try WD40 which is silicon (silicone?) after all. It cleans wax crayons from floor surfaces it says on the can.
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - jc2
On the WD40 tin,it says"NO silicone".
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - Hamsafar
Maybe some sort of foam cleaner? Simoniz Matt Dashboard Cleaner, it will hopefully cling on and penetrate, I think there is something similar for computers too maybe from Maplins?
Volvo XC70, polish on plastic trim. - Victorbox
On the WD40 tin,it says"NO silicone".>>

OK - so its the other stuff but still cleans up oily underbonnet cables & plastic without melting anything so might be worth a try.