Long Walk to Mondeo's Tailgate - GeordieGuy
Hello good folk,
Don't know if anyone can help. I have a Mondeo estate MK2. The central locking works on everything but the tailgate. In the mark one this was always the case but they got round this by providing an opening lever by the driver's door - not so in the MK2. Have Ford deliberately built-in this as a design feature on the MK2 or is the tailgate lock merely jammed. It will open with the key only.
As always, responses are welcomed! Thanks to you.
Long Walk to Mondeo's Tailgate - trymybest
sounds as though the actuator solenoid has gone t/u.you can access
it by stripping out the lower tailgate trim by the latch,not an uncommon fault.
Thanks ... I'll get my spanners out! Much appreciated - had thought that the MONDEOS had a push-button on the tailgate operational when the CL was open. I guess it's a case of trial & error. Thanks for your help!!
Long Walk to Mondeo's Tailgate - sierraman
had thought that the MONDEOS had a push-button on the tailgate operational when the CL was open.

This straightforward idea disappeared from the later Sierras when the remote release was introduced,not much use when you are outside and you have to find the key even though the car is unlocked.
Check for internal breaks in the wiring where it runs from body to tailgate and is being flexed by opening/closing.
Thanks .... first suggestion didn't work ... so I'll start dismantling panels! Appreciated, as ever!