Let off with parking fine - or not? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Was given a penalty notice by Scarborough Borough Council for parking on the cliff tops at Filey without displaying a ticket. A valid ticket was actually on the centre console having been blown off the windscreen. I know the offence was for not displaying.
I wrote a letter explaining this politely, sending the ticket, and was pleased to get a letter letting me off.
Now, 5 months later I?ve had another letter demanding an increased penalty as I?ve not paid.
I fear that I have thrown out the original reply. I?ve written to them again to plead for them to search for the original correspondence. Fingers crossed.

--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Let off with parking fine - or not? - Sim-O
a friend and I were parked one in front of the other once, both got a ticket as we were in the wrong. We both sent our cheques off, promptly, as we had learnt our lesson and had become good upstanding citizens. ;-)
A couple of weeks later I got my cheque back. I still have no idea why, but it was great rubbing my mates nose in it.
Let off with parking fine - or not? - Armitage Shanks {p}
I think it odd that is has taken them 5 months to chase you - I would have thought 28 days would have been more typical. Shame you didn't keep the letter. Ask them to check their records and imply that you have got a letter from them stopping the penalty.
Let off with parking fine - or not? - Sim-O
Isn't there a time limit on parking fines, like speeding cameras (supposedly)?
Let off with parking fine - or not? - horse
As I understand it the 6 months limit to lay an 'information' with the court is just for criminal cases (these fines are considered 'penalty charges', and its a civil matter). Definitely they're being unreasonable in this case, hope you can sort it out by corresponding with the council, but if not the quasi judicial organisation that makes decisions on parking outside london is NPAS (national parking adjudication service)
Let off with parking fine - or not? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Well, I have just been sent another letter letting me off with the fine- again.
I shall hang on to this one for the inevitable third demand.
Fingers crossed.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Let off with parking fine - or not? - component part
Was given a penalty notice by Scarborough Borough Council for parking
on the cliff tops at Filey without displaying a ticket.

Ah yes...of course you have 'lost' the convenient letter letting you off. Shame you lost that real, tangible, really-did-exist piece of paper eh?;-)
Let off with parking fine - or not? - barchettaman
It was 5 months ago CP.