Dell pop up - ssray
When i get the dell pop up it takes up the whole screen and has no x to get rid of it,no swearing but its annoying.
can you drop it of make it more better??
Cheers ray
Dell pop up - Armitage Shanks {p}
ssray - I get same annoying pop-up on my NHS computer at work. What I do there is use my op system's version of Ctrl+ Alt + Delete and it then appears as a running programme which can be closed - but it is annoying!
Dell pop up - Mapmaker
CTRL + W will probably get rid of it (as somebody kindly told me the other week).

Dell pop up - Wales Forester
Try pressing alt and F4 simultaneously if you're using Internet Explorer, that usually gets rid of unwanted pop ups.
Dell pop up - Dulwich Estate

" - I get same annoying pop-up on my NHS computer at work."

No wonder I'm paying so much tax to fund government organisations. It looks like I'm funding people in the NHS to surf the net.
Dell pop up - Wales Forester
I have the same problem on my local authority PC......... ;-)
Dell pop up - Pugugly {P}
And it helps keep this site free.
Dell pop up - Mapmaker
>And it helps keep this site free

So perhaps I should mention that I haven't actually seen it. Running ie 6.0. There is a pop somewhere that doesn't get beyond website unavailable.
Dell pop up - Dulwich Estate
But HJ - if the Dell ad fills the whole screen you don't have anything to click on. As far as I know (and I really know nothing - just what others tell me) you either need to do a ctrl + W or switch off.
Dell pop up - Pugugly {P}
The site is funded largely by advertising. This consists of both banner ads and pop-ups. These adverts are what pay for this site and pay for you to come here and chat with other backroomers.

If you have a problem with them, such as making your system crash, please don't moan in the forums. Instead, e-mail directly to Honest John at letters@honestjohn.co.uk and he'll refer your e-mail on to the media agency in the hope something can be done to fix the problem.

From the site's small print in the interestingly titled " WELCOME - PLEASE READ"
Dell pop up - Dynamic Dave
As per what Pugugly said.

Finally, in answer to Dulwich Estate's question:- "But HJ - if the Dell ad fills the whole screen you don't have anything to click on. As far as I know (and I really know nothing - just what others tell me) you either need to do a ctrl W or switch off."

If you want to return to the HJ page, then pressing Alt Tab will switch between the two windows you have running and bring the HJ page to the front of the popup.

DD.