Saxo/106 - David Moore
I've seen a P reg Saxo 1.1, 50k, fsh, 10m MOT, £2250 private
Also, N reg 106 diesel, 45k, fsh, 2295 dealer

a) Fair prices?
b) Please settle a dispute - 106/saxo are the same car, yes?
Re: Saxo/106 - Phil
Saxo and 106 are indeed one and the same.
Re: Saxo/106 - Dave
My mums got 2. One's got more than 100k on it. Neither have needed anything other than oil and cam belts. Neither have seen the inside of a garage except at mot time.

By it, neglect it. In 10 years and 100k it'll still be great. Lovely little cars.
Re: Saxo/106 - David Moore
Re: Saxo/106 - Adam
I have to agree, I have a 106 XND (97R, 1.5D), it returns 60 MPG and I have had very little done to it other than cambelt, brakes and exhaust. However look out for leaky radiators on older examples, they seem to last about 4 - 5 years.
Re: Saxo/106 - Tom Shaw
Have used both as driving tuition cars, and build quality on the Saxo seemed to be slightly better.
Re: Saxo/106 - Kev
Saxo has wierd offset driving position [am learning to drive in one, right slug, hes thinking about a Focus, mmmmm........]

Does the 106 have this problem?

Kev
Re: Saxo/106 - Tom Shaw
Yes it does. Not everybody notices this as some adapt to the position naturally. For some perculier reason my wife would not buy a 106 because she could not stand the driving position on the one I had then, complaining that her back felt as if it was being twisted, but she got a Saxo and had no trouble, even though I found the seating position identical.

If you find the driving position uncomfortable in the Saxo, NEVER try and drive a Metro, the osteopaths best friend.
Re: Saxo/106 - John S
Main problem I found with a Saxo is the tiny pedal box and close set pedals. Too easy to hit more than one pedal at once, and I only take size 9's.

Regards

John
Re: Saxo/106 - Brian
We've had a 106 diesel (L reg. Key Largo) in the family for about 5 years, it doesn't get much mileage at the moment, but it has needed very little spent on it, last year it didn't need anything for the MOT and this year it was just an exhaust front downpipe for £61.
Can't complain really!
Re: Saxo/106 - David Moore
Have gone for a 306 1.4XL, 62k, N96, fsh, pas, electric sunroof, immobilser and remote central locking... £2650. Seems fair! Enjoyed it more than the 106 1.1 to drive, and the diesel 106 was slow.