Cam Belt Citroen 2.0HDI - billlew
I have recently bought a Citroen Xantia Forte 2.0 HDI July 2000 W Plate. It had only 7093 miles with 5 Service Stamps from the same dealer that sold the car.
I am using it as a private hire vehicle and have already put another 4500 miles on the clock.
The question is that as the belt hasn't been changed when should I be changing it seeing as it is over 6 years old?
Any advice would be appreciated or a contact at Citroen where I could direct the question.
Cam Belt Citroen 2.0HDI - Dynamic Dave
or a contact at Citroen where I could direct the question.

www.citroen.co.uk/level3/textpage.asp?pagetype=con...t
Cam Belt Citroen 2.0HDI - Collos25
I would change it as a matter of course ,I have looked at low mileage belts that are four years old and they have all started to crack due to age.
Cam Belt Citroen 2.0HDI - 659FBE
Agree - absolutely. Ageing is a critical factor as far as belt life is concerned and I would recommend a maximum of 5 years belt sevice on a well designed installation such as those designed by PSA.

VW now recommend a 4 year belt change regardless of mileage.

Cam Belt Citroen 2.0HDI - mrbeginner
being that you are using the car as a taxi/private hire it is recomended because you do a lot of stop starting that you change the belt every 40,000 miles in stead of 60,000 miles also i would suggest that the followers are also replaced because of the milage you do in a course of a year