Rover 827 SLi electric windows - Andrew Pullen
Has anyone out there encountered an intermittent fault concerning Rover 800 electric windows. A friend of mine has bought a very clean N reg 827 SLi with FSH that suffers from a fault where the windows and sunroof refuse to work, then after an interval (it varies) they function normally.
Any ideas?
Re: Rover 827 SLi electric windows - markymarkn
Dry joint on the connectors?

M.
Re: Rover 827 SLi electric windows - Eleanor
I have found a ton of faults with intermittent Rovers, I guess it's part of the Phenomenon of the marque ;-)

Eleanor
Re: Rover 827 SLi electric windows - Andrew Hamilton
Typical low voltage high current problem with contacts exposed to corrosive damp. I would try WD40 spray, the one that leaves a film of oil and I find melts the green corrosion often found on car rear light bulb contacts. Although you can spray remotely using the long narrow nozzle, it is even better to pull off and push back connectors. If equipment is rarely used, such as high beam, contacts can oxidise even if no water gets on them!
Alternative is wiring having fractures due to vibration or bending causing intermittent contact. Difference detected by wiggling leads when operating.
Re: Rover 827 SLi electric windows - mike harvey
If you do not have an intermittant fault, there must be a fault- Eleanor is spot on! I think Andrew has the answer, and the fault is likely to be in the loom that runs from the drivers A pillar to the door, as that is the most used and subjects the loom to the most bending, and as a consequence fatigue fractures. If sunroof and windows are on the same fuse, check the fusebox carefully behind. I recall that its not too easy though.
Mike
Re: Rover 827 SLi electric windows - Dave N
Try www.davep1.freeserve.co.uk/