Hillamn Imp required....read on. - Quinny
Taken from the Yorkshire Dales autograss website:

I have been asked if I could supply 3 road saloon type Imps for filming on "The Royal" ITV programme, I've about cleared my stocks, so still looking for one more?? preferably in Yorkshire area, no T & T req and no show cars either, as they will look like they have just finished a BAS class 4 final LOL, when they have finished with them!! if you have or know where one may be please mail or phone 01904 602764
Pretty urgently

Ken.
Sorry.e,mail address:

roger < dot > gill < at > ntlworld < dot > com

[email address edited - PG]

Hillamn Imp required....read on. - bell boy
have you been in touch with balby motor spares donny?
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - mike hannon
Dear oh dear, it's like your past coming back to haunt you, isn't it?
Who could ever believe that in the early years of the 21st century somebody would be putting out an appeal for a Hillman Imp?
I had two, by the way, including a rare estate (the 'Husky') which my father always called 'the hearse'.
Maybe that's why the mention of them still gives me the heebie-jeebies...
I have to add,the request is not done by me,it's on behalf of Roger Gill,whose e.mail address I put on the thread above.

He races,or used to,race an Imp,but I'm not sure if he still does,and I'm guessing the reason he has been asked,is beacuse the person making it,has seen him,and thought he may be the authority on the subject.

Ken.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - adverse camber
"it's on behalf of Roger Gill,whose e.mail address I put on the thread above."

And isnt he going to be pleased when the spam starts rolling in - Its a baaaaad idea to post email addresses on forums.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - cheddar
Suggest the mods change it to ......

roger dot gill at ntlworld dot com

......... or similar.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - local yokel
Perhaps the mods could modify it to by replacing the @ with - that's what I do if I really need to post an address on a forum.
This forum system is the oddest - not only can't you edit your posts (only forum in the world that won't allow this...), but it deletes stuff in posts. Anyway I meant to say name(insert the @ symbol)domain.com, except I used the < and it killed it.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - Pugugly {P}
Doesn't make it a bad forum.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - Lud
Passed my test in one, God knows how, horrid little car with a good engine, opposite of the Mini which was a good little car with a horrid (or anyway out of date) engine...
Just said it was odd, not bad. If it was bad I might not be here ;-). The others I frequent allow editing, but insert and "edited at time xxx" note after an amended post, which seems to work very well.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - Pugugly {P}
Yeah, I know the only other Forum I look at is the UKGS users one, not as tidy as this one and seems to be not as tightly moderated which is a weakness in it for someone like me, I hate the use of boorish language.

Hillman Imp Saloon.....I thought there was only a sort of a primative hatchback thing and the very rare estate version. Horrid little motors but a very brave attempt to package a car better than the Mini, had a horrid habit of overheating. Built in Scotland wasn't it, more for political reasons than pratcial reasons which may have been it;s death Warrant. Wasn;t there a crippling strike there ? I have an abising memory of seeing one in Rhyl of all places, I think was a Chamois or something with round dials....
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - expat
Built in Linwood near Paisley. The Govt of the day forced Rootes to build it there. It was a greenfield site and was plagued by constant industrial problems. Mind you they weren't alone with that problem at the time.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - fordprefect
--Hillman Imp Saloon.....I thought there was only a sort of a primative hatchback thing and the very rare estate version. Horrid little motors but a very brave attempt to package a car better than the Mini, had a horrid habit of overheating.--

I had two Imp saloons, then a Husky estate, then a Mini 1000. I have to say the Imps were roomier, quieter (overdrive top), more comfortable than Minis, handled nicely and were as economical on petrol as Minis.
Admitted the water pump bearings were likely to fail if the seals leaked and the corrosion inhibitors in the coolant were not up to spec, but pump kits were cheap and easy and the exhaust system was a simple box straight onto the downpipe , about £5 and 5 minutes to fit as I recall.

Reputation spoilt at launch by initial build quality and original pneumatic throttle, both fixed in later production in the midlands but too late in the day.
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - Micky
Silly

tinyurl.com/y2ndk5
Hillamn Imp required....read on. - mike hannon
Yeah, I certainly had all the cooling system troubles, but they were actually quite good motors once you got past the little problems. Certainly the only cars I have ever owned where you could change gear every time (up or down) without the clutch once you were on the move. I only bought mine (the first one) because all my mates had Minis and I wanted to be different. Nothing has changed nearly 40 years on...