Multiplex wiring - John Ford
My wife bought a 206 (new) in September last year. It only came with a cassette player as standard and she'd like it upgrading to a CD player. The garage tells me that this variety of 206 has 'multiplex' wiring and that the installation of the CD player should be done by them rather than a general audio dealer.

Are they trying to pull a fast one here?
Re: Multiplex wiring - ian (cape town)
John,
If it has paddle controls you're better off getting them to do it - a friend took her clio in to an fitter for the same job, and they made a right mess of it.
Re: Multiplex wiring - Andrew Pullen
A colleague of mine has also just bought a HDi Turbo Diesel version and has also come up against a similar problem. He wanted to fit a CD multichanger from his previous car but was told there are no adapter kits available to connect the Pioneer multichanger to the car wiring.
As I understand multiplexed wiring uses a small processor to switch several different functions through a small number of cables. What I cannot understand is why a radio/CD player would need this system. Perhaps it has normal wiring but Peugeot just want new owners to buy their own overpriced system?
Re: Multiplex wiring - Andy P
My Accord has multiplex wiring. Fitting a new radio was simply a matter of finding the correct harness adapter in Halfords and fitting the new unit. The problems start when the display is separate from the radio, or there are controls on the steering wheel. These operate through the multiplex system, so the new radio needs to be able to read the signals.

Andy