Mondeo TD MKII Turbo Change - Craig_1969
My TD estate 209k has just failed its mot on:

Emissions (tester only did a visual as it failed on other things and I think he only used it as an excuse to avoid breaking the cambelt)
Corroded front to back brake pipes
Leaking power steering.

I know the rack is going to be a pig to get out if its not just a fluid pipe. I know the fuel tank might have to be dropped to do the pipes.

I paid £750 for it in June and was hoping to get a bit more life out of it, but I have found a saloon Mondeo TD MOTd to 9/07 with 90k with a noisy turbo. I am considering swapping my quiet turbo for the noisy one has anyone any experience with getting it out?

Thx
Mondeo TD MKII Turbo Change - PaulFromMelton
Only on a Peugeot 405 TD. The rad had to come out and the engine tilted forwards as far as it would go, and then a bit more! In short, it's a pain to do but do-able in about 3-4 hours. At least on a 405, that is. Not sure how a Mondeo would take much longer.

Should be the same process I would imagine - remove intercooler, undo mount, tilt engine forward, remove mainfolds, remove turbo, put it back together.

Tweaking the turbo before fitting it is optional!

Just remember to unplug the fuel-stop solenoid and try and start the engine for 10 seconds. Do this 3 times then plug it back in and start it up to 'prime' the turbo. Prepare for fog!