Mondeo ST220 clutch - smoke
I don't know if it just me or whether or not this happens, but after a long motorway run the clutch feels heaver than normal. I was wondering what causes this to happen after a long journey when the clutch is not used??
many thanks
Sid
Mondeo ST220 clutch - Adam {P}
Sid,

I wonder if you'd mind giving me your email address (through the mods) or dropping me a line. I'd like to ask you some ST questions.

Adam
Mondeo ST220 clutch - smoke
Of course, no problem.
Sid
Mondeo ST220 clutch - cheddar
I used to find with my TDCi 130 that the clutch pedal felt heavier the first time it was depressed the morning after a few hundred motorway miles. I dont do so many long journeys these days though I did 480 miles from Somerset to Leeds and back last Tuesday and on Wednesday morning, low and behold, heavier clutch pedal. No other problems, it is fine after the first use.
Mondeo ST220 clutch - percy
In my 96 mk 1 1.8 petrol, the clutch is heavier when the engine/gearbox is warmed up. I believe there was a problem with the seal in the slave cylinder (buried inside the bellhousing). I reckon it runs a lot warmer in there. I believe Ford came up with an imoproved version. Obviously it is an expensive fix if you have no reason to change the other clutch components. Strange, I would have thought later models would have had the problem sorted out. I have found that bleeding the cylinder to give it a change of fluid helps for a while.