Good Value Puma? - Jason
Afternoon All,

My company is selling a 1.7 16v Puma in silver with Aircon. It is a 1999V with 58000 miles on the clock. They want £6600. It is reputed to be have been "serviced regularly" and "in reasonable condition for its mileage".

What do you experts out there think? HJ's review is very good. Is there anything particularly nasty that can happen to these.

I look forward to all your thoughts

Thanks very much
from Jason
Re: Good Value Puma? - Andrew Barnes
according to parkers.co.uk that is the trade price.

Andrew
Re: Good Value Puma? - Neil
From the valuation guide (Glass's) of Autoexpress.co.uk

>>

Your valuation for a
1999 V with 58,000 miles
New £ 14800
Excellent £ 6810
Average £ 6450
Poor £ 6040
Retail £ 8870

>>

Perhaps suggest a price of 6250 or 6450 at a push. . .

The prices from Glass's can still be over-optimistic - in that you may be lucky to get a given price on trade-in. However, Autotrader doesn't have much in the way of V-reg at a sub-7000 price. . .
Re: Good Value Puma? - Andy Bairsto
Its only a Fiesta when all said and done, dearer to buy and more difficult to sell
But isn't this the same as, say, the X-Type and Mondeo, or the TT and a Golf?

It's a desirable little coupe. The Fiesta is (visually) an outdated runabout. A little bit of tinkering with the engine and suspension, and a lot of tinkering with the style does make all the difference. . .
But the Puma is obselete ,the fiesta name lives on.
Re: Good Value Puma? - Kev
Pumas more desirable than Fiesta, ho much are Fiestas going for compared to same age Puma's?
All cars are basically the same now anyway.
How many differences are there between a Skoda Fabia and an Audi TT?

Kev
Just about everthing ,body,gearbox,engine,brakes,electronics,drive train,suspension .Not a good example but I take your point
Re: Good Value Puma? - Kev
Yeah sorry, I was in a rush. Except for cosmetics there are few differences, it brings down costs.
I agree the Puma is little more than a Fiesta in a Mini-skirt, but it is desirable, and desirability costs. Which is why it costs more.
On a budget buy a Fiesta, but I think most people would prefer a Puma, which is why it costs more.
Buy it, its a great car and I disagree and say it will be peasy to sell.
Watch out for rain getting in boot when it rains and you open the boot........

Kev
Re: Good Value Puma? - Charles
Jason

Front door trimclips coming off, collapsing parcel shelf, wiper arm plugs flying off.

These are some of the other niggles Pumas have.

Summing up they are entertaining to drive but cheaply built and overall we are pleased with our one.

Charles
The DB5, most Lotus, Audi Quattro, even XJRs and MGBs are obsolete, and it hasn't stopped them being desirable. . .

I can't see any difference with the Puma, especially as its looks have not yet dated.