rally numbers on road cars - saab man
I have seen loads of vw's made to look like herbie, but is it legal to have large rally type numbers on a road car?
rally numbers on road cars - Round The Bend
So long as they don't replace the reg number, I don't see that they should be a problem. After all, lorries and vans are covered in logos, slogans and numbers.
_______
IanS
rally numbers on road cars - saab man
It wasnt to replace the reg numbers, just to have the large circuler types ones on the side or on the bonnet. I dont fancy one reallly, its just that we are having a heated debate at work as to weather or not its legal
rally numbers on road cars - Round The Bend
So what reason are they giving for them being illegal??
_______
IanS
rally numbers on road cars - tr7v8
It's frowned upon by the RAC MSA but not illegal. In my competition days a fair few cars ran around with big roundals on & we'd put numbers on at the meeting.
rally numbers on road cars - jc2
I drove round with a large white roundel on the bonnet(to cover a scorch mark fron an engine fire till it was resprayed).No one took any notice.
rally numbers on road cars - yorkiebar
tr7 is right.

Heavily fowned on by the msa but not illegal.

Can be excluded from competetive events for the display of numbers, unless crossed out with tape etc. But no problem from road use point of view.
rally numbers on road cars - Chris S
It might affect your insurance though - the usual thing about non-stndard modifications making the car more attractive to thieves ...
rally numbers on road cars - MVP
Saw a newish Mini with a big "2" on the door the other day - looked like a factory option.

Still naff though
rally numbers on road cars - KeithP
My friend who raced Caterham's used to tell me it was illegal and that he always had to pull the numbers off before he went back ontp public roads, as it apparently encourages racing on public roads. Guess not then...
rally numbers on road cars - Garethj
It might affect your insurance though - the usual thing about non-stndard modifications making the car more attractive to thieves ...

Maybe, but if anyone steals a 1960s VW Beetle you can probably catch them on foot
rally numbers on road cars - Collos25
Surley you would have to change the log book as to its colour, every mortal change from standard has to be listed in German log books.