Peugeot 307 - Break in attempt - Armitage Shanks {p}
While I was parked (legally) at LHR some low life made a half-hearted effort to break into my car. It is a 307 with remote locking and no alarm. The remote still works but the lock barrel has been pushed into the door a bit and is also not 'square' with the outer panel ie pushed in crooked. The key goes in and turns but does not function in terms of locking and unlocking the car. Questions

1. Might it be a cheapish fix to straighten up the barrell and reconnect some wiring?

or

2. Might it be a replace the doorlock barrel and maybe even the ignition lock/switch as well ie costly?

Please offer your opinions! I was lucky, they didn't get in and there is no panel or paint damage of any sort. Thanks
Peugeot 307 - Break in attempt - bell boy
i have a tool like two big heavy washers that bolt together and squish the door skin to the position it was pre scumbag,if the lock as you say is ok then usually it will work again
car is a 307 and i dont have first hand knowledge on the actual wiggly bits behind the skin though
the tool i mention is available for about 15 quid .
Thanks Oldman. I took the car in to a dealer today and it seems that the problem is (probably) the bending or disconnection of a rod which turns the rotary movement of the key into a command to the central locking mechanism ie mechanical becomes electrical, so it looks like being well under my insurannce XS. I'll know on Wednesday when it goes in.
Peugeot 307 - Break in attempt - Mike M
Probably a coincidence, but my 406 was broken in to while deadlocked and parked at a LHR hotel last week. The lowlife who did it knew what he was doing. Looks like he used a sharp-ended impact tool to gain access to the door's innards - I won't say where on the door, but it wasn't the barrel lock. At least the damage was confined to a small area and was reletively easy to repair.
Thanks Mike M. I'll report the final details when it is is fixed on Thursday. I picked where to park the car myself, it was a bit near the outer edge of the parking area and thus dark. On balance, £99 for a night in a hotel and 15 days parking seems cheap - depends on what the lock costs to fix!
Peugeot 307 - Break in attempt - Mike M
Armitage - Sounds like I had the same deal as you. Without naming the hotel, was it on the M4/J4? I was parked within 25m of the main hotel entrance. When reporting the break-in to the duty manager, I got the feeling that it was not an unusual occurrence.
Yes! E mail me thru the address in my profile, if you wish!
BR members may care to know that minor crime, like the above, can be reported on line at

www.online.police.uk/english/default.asp

I did so, just to generate a crime number, in case I finish up making an insurance claim for the damage described above. Saved a lot of chat on the phone and the hand writing of my details!
Update. Picked up the car late on Wednesday evening; the key being used in the door lock now locks the car but does not fold the mirrors, which it should. The mirrors cannot be folded or adjusted from inside the car, neither of the front windows work at all, the rear windows work OK but cannot be isolated = kid proofed by using the switch on the leccy window panel. Went in with one fault and came out came out with 4 - is this progress I have to ask? Bill is in the post and I haven't received it yet - good!