Can you drop off at airports yet? - PoloGirl
(Thread header changed to accommodate later postings on same theme. HJ.)

Partner is off to Cologne tomorrow and even though he is missing my birthday in favour of work, I am being a nice girlfriend and dropping him at Heathrow early in the morning.

It has just occurred to me that when the security was raised, they stopped people being able to drop off and pick up at Heathrow - is this still the case?

(Other mods - I'll quite happily move this tomorrow if you don't think it's motoring related enough, but we are going by car!)

Thank you

Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - Jonathan {p}
As far as I know they never stopped drop off and pick up, certainly it isn't a problem at other UK airports.

You will not be allowed to wait for any significant length of time but you can set down. Similarly you won't be allowed to wait for pick up, but can park to pick up when he is out.

tinyurl.com/dall5
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - DP
I dropped two colleagues off at T4 last night - no problems (apart from the usual double parked / myopic taxi drivers) ;-)

Cheers
DP
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - PoloGirl
Thank you - he was safely sent on his way this morning.

Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - Big Bad Dave
Cool. Party at your place?
Several - I'm having two birthdays this year because he has abandoned me for the official one (well if the queen can do it...)
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - BobbyG
We could all go to PGs place, get her drunk and get her to sign on in MODERATOR mode then have lots of fun!
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - smokie
I do moderating and I do fun, but trust me, they generally don't happen at the same time Bobby! :-)
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - jc2
For picking up-park off the airport(supermarket or similar )and get him to phone when he collects his bags-that way you should both get to the door about the same time.
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - jc2
They stopped it when they had all the tanks there but not in the latest session.
Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - henry k
Further warning (from a reader). If you park for more than 15 minutes in the fuel station at Gatwick you get hit with a £120 penalty.

I used to loiter at the other fuel station towards Reigate but they too have got warning signs.

Don't tell everyone but Tesco have a nice big friendly carpark just down the road and its not too far away from the terminals.
Thankfully I have not got the job of picking him up... so he has time to buy my birthday pressie in Duty Free before he sees me!

Can you drop off at Heathrow yet? - henry k
LHR cheapskate pick up info.

This assumes you get a call that the passenger has collect the bags and/or is heading for the exit.
I would expect to get to the terminals within 5/10 minutes.

T4.
There is a 24 hour Tescos with a fair sized carpark on the A312 beween Hatton Cross tube station and Feltham.
I understand you can buy a paper there.

T1,2,3.
In the evening I loiter by the BAA visitor centre on Northside. This is the area where the Taxis stack up.
During the day I park in a residential street, to the north of the A4, towards Hounslow, just beyond the round hotel that was originally the Aerial.

Can I claim a virtual pint?
Don't Stop for Coffee at Gatwick - drbe
The company operating the filling stations adjacent to the North and South terminals at Gatwick Airport has recently introduced a 20 minute maximum time on the premises. Failure to comply results in a £150 penalty charge - reduced to £75 if paid within 14 days.

The majority of the warning signs are around the perimeter of the site, quite small and placed about 7 feet above the ground, extremely unlikely to be seen by a normally observant driver as they pull on to the forecourt.

An associate of mine was unfortunate enough to get a notice through the post after having been on site for32 minutes.

The oil company in question, is currently running a TV ad which features a young couple driving back to her place after an evening out.
She - a very attractive young woman in a red dress says to the man " Would you like to come in for........... a................. coffee................?"
He says (very sensibly) says "er................ no...................... I am going to the **** **** cafe" (or words to that general effect)

So be warned - if you decide to refuse the young lady's offer and drive to a ** garage for a coffee, make sure that your total time on site - including refuelling, use of toilet facilities, purchasing and drinking coffee and perhaps a croissant - does not exceed 20 minutes.

Personally I would have accepted her very generous offer - but I'm old-fashioned!
Don't Stop for Coffee at Gatwick - Westpig
so you've got to neck their coffee in under 20 mins......... in the States some woman sued a company because the coffee was too hot and she 'didn't realise' ??...........wonder if that could be applied here, but with the 20 min rule inserted instead e.g. " i burnt myself because i was desperately trying to drink their piping hot coffee within 20 mins"

i wonder what the unknown petrol station would do if they had a bit of bad publicity...i should imagine it would be 'all change'
Don't Stop for Coffee at Gatwick - drbe
I think/hope? I was fairly careful in not "naming and shaming" the company, or the name of their on site beverage and food dispensing outlet.
Don't Stop for Coffee at Gatwick - Altea Ego
Doesnt that kind of stuff make you really angry. They want you to stay and spend money on stuff other than petrol, then try and screw you for an over stay. I am fairly sure a stiff letter to John Browne at 1 St James's Square
London, SW1Y 4PD would soon get the money back.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Coffee at Gatwick ??? - henry k
Why risk the filling station penalties. I cannot recall if they sell cofee at the Tescos cos I have a look through the mags while waiting.

IIRC there is a two hour max in their carpark but that is usually enough if you have checked Ceefax for the flt arrival unless of course you have come from hours away..
Coffee at Gatwick ??? - Vansboy
The taxis in Luton which aren't registerd at the airport - guess they mean private hire - are made to drive into the drop off zone, which allows just 10minutes.

But with q's & unloading, it seems that the minimum £4 charge is then applied - so they loose more of the fare than they should,

VB
Can you drop off at airports yet? - rumanb

You can always self drive and park with a secure valet parking company. It is well worth the convenience and price. check www.heathrowsecurepark.co.uk