BMW 325 Ventilation Problems - IRiches
My P Reg BMW 325 ventilation seems to work ie the Blower operates, but the volume of air coming out of the vents within the car does not vary (it is low). Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it? Could it be the pollen filter - if so how do I access it?
BMW 325 Ventilation Problems - elekie&a/c doctor
I assume the car has climate control,if so does the fan speed change as the graduations increase/decrease with the operation of the speed control rocker switch.+/- .If this function is ok, then it is possible the pollen filter is blocked.Access is from drivers footwell at very back of heater box.The filter has 2 slide out sections to enable it to clear the steering column.If the speed of the motor does not vary with the corresponding variation of the display,then the fan speed regulator could be at fault .This is situated on the nearside of the heater box,access from passenger footwell.hth
BMW 325 Ventilation Problems - R.Turpin
I posted a similar message and someone came to the rescue with detailed instructions on how to change the pollen filter. It is indeed in the driver's footwell, and it is bent in the middle to allow it to come out. It's sort of obvious once you start, but be gentle as everyting is plastic. TIP. Don't replace it. Much easier and it won't happen again.
(PS Amazing the rubbish I found in mine. Now it just settles to the bottom of the container and waits for tomorrow.)
BMW 325 Ventilation Problems - Bill Payer
Have a look here:
www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_static_page.pl?...m
BMW 325 Ventilation Problems - Bill Payer
Oh - I just looked and it says it's hard! Takes 1 hr+ (1 min on newer models)!