Just bought Pug 106 1.5D - LinuxGeek
I bought an M plate 106 1.5D with just over 100k on the clock without any service history. Car seems to be in good shape and so is engine but I would like to make sure it stays the same in long run. Shall I change the cam belt on it and service it? I've a friend who could do the job for me so it won't be a great deal except parts. What else shall I replace and what's the best place to buy the parts from? I've got local euro car parts store and GSF is only few miles away. What's the best engine oil for this car?
Also when turning right car makes a noise which seems to be coming from the o/s front tyre so it could be CV joint? Is it costly? Every now and then battery light in the dashboard comes on and then just switched itself off after driving for few minutes.
Just bought Pug 106 1.5D - 659FBE
Always change the water pump when you change the belt at this mileage - they're not expensive. If your friend has problems getting the old pump out of the block, post an info request here. The belt idler and tensioner rollers are of the very best quality on this engine (INA sealed bearings, metal rollers) and are unlikely to need attention, but scrutinise carefully whilst the drive is apart. Make sure your friend is aware of the procedure for setting the vernier adjuatments on the camshaft and pump wheels - the timing of both needs to be spot on.

I would recommend 10W - 40 semi-synthetic oil for this engine, to ACEA spec. B4. Change every 5000 miles.

CV joint noise is a clicking or knocking when on lock, varying with wheel speed. Examine carefully all the boots on the driveshafts.

The battery light problem would need tests to find the cause, but a PSA vehicle is largely an assembly of bad electrical connections, so again, a careful look might yield results. Start at the large circular multiway connector near the bottom of the battery. Apply vaseline to the pins of all connectors after you have checked them for corrosion or contact misalignment.

Just bought Pug 106 1.5D - bell boy
what 659FBE said, but also you may be getting diesel into the alternator from a drip off the pump if this is so then it will wreck the alternator very quickly im afraid
glad youve bought the 1500 lump they are seriously good and in my opinion yours is low mileage at 100k......