Almera - Can I do my own fanbelt change? - Freewheel
Hi there, how tricky is it do a fan belt change on a 2000 Nissan Almera 1.5 16V?
Can I do my own fan belt change? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Does a 2000 Nissan Almera have a fan belt? Most cars, even in 2000, have electric fans and all that is driven by a belt is the power steering, alternator, and a/c compressor. Alternator at a minimum and the other two, if fitted.
Can I do my own fan belt change? - Freewheel
Ah, you've spotted the gaps in my mechanical knowledge! It's just that the belt (must be the power belt you are referring to) is squeaking quite loudly, and I'm not convinced spraying it with WD40 every week is going to be a long term cure!

I guess this is the cambelt then. How big a job is this?
Can I do my own fan belt change? - Collos25
No its not the cam belt its the belt that drives the ancillary equipment thats queaking.It could be beacause its slack ,its to tight ,bearings in the equipment its driving if your not sure best left to someone who does and watch them .
Can I do my own fan belt change? - Dynamic Dave
AS, most people still refer to it as a fan belt, even though as you say the fan doesn't get driven by it any more.

pretty much in the same way that some people still refer to door mirrors as wing mirrors. (that is something to be discussed over in Discussion if people so wish, btw)

Anyway, I digress. Freewheel, providing you can see how the belt is tensioned, and have the appropriate tools, then I don't see why not.
Can I do my own fan belt change? - Cliff Pope
If you need to ask, you can't.