Jeremy Hicks email address - pmbw
Hello there,

I have a serious problem with Audi and therefore need Jeremy Hicks's contact details [email preferable] so that I am sure he is to receieve and respond. I have included the letter below to explain why it's required. Any suggestions gratefully received. HELP!!!

deleted

Dear Mr Hicks,

RE: - Audi A2 ? registration no. deleted/ Customer complaint

I paid a deposit on the above vehicle to deleted , a sales executive of your deleted branch, on 13th August 2005. Delivery of the vehicle was arranged for 1st September 2005. On purchasing the vehicle, I was asked to complete the order form with my old Jersey address as it corresponded with my passport. I informed your employees that the reason I was purchasing a car was to permanently leave Jersey and complete my LPC whereupon I would then look for legal employment in the UK. Although I informed him that the Jersey address was now no longer applicable as of 1st September, and that a UK address could be provided, if necessary, I was nevertheless told to complete the order form in this way. Please note that at no point in time was I advised by your company of the ramifications of this action.

Your company also arranged and paid for the road tax at the time of purchase. Consequently, it is only now, on the renewal road tax stage, that your company?s grievous error of advice to me has come to my attention. I now find myself with a car that is insured, MOT and road worthy but not road taxable because of the error made by your company. I have been informed by the DVLA that a V62 Form must be completed as the vehicle is ?marked? as a permanent export. Given that a 12 months road tax was negotiated in the price, why would I then export the vehicle? This has caused a great deal of time, stress and aggravation in trying to resolve this matter. Having relied and trusted your employees? neglectful instructions, I am now unable to use this vehicle for four to six weeks minimum whilst the DVLA carry out their usual enquiries. I am scheduled to leave England to go on holiday with my car on 22nd September but this is now clearly an impossible task. The loss that I sustained is unwarrantable. I have paid for a boat ticket with a car which I cannot use and European Assistance that is non transferable. My holidays were based on having a car as a means of travel and exploration. Furthermore, on my return from holidays, I also have the dubious prospect of using public transport as this was my sole means of transport. Given that I live in the countryside, there is very little provided which will only exacerbate my situation caused. Also, as a further consequence of this, I have been unable to bring my car to my nearest garage for a fault that occurred on the 2nd September. I only notified Audi deleted of this on 13th as I have been spending all my spare time trying to resolve your matter which could have quite easily been avoided.

I would like Audi to provide, at their cost, a viable alternative means of transport as well as reasonable compensation for this unnecessary position. I look forward to hearing a reasonable and satisfactory response from you."

{Certain parts of the above message have been deleted as it was breaking the No Naming/Shaming policy this site operates - DD}
Jeremy Hicks email address - No FM2R
mailto:jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk

However you may want to begin the e-mail..

Dear Jeremy's PA,

Jeremy Hicks email address - PST
I'm confused as to why has this only just come to light. You're saying that the V5 had a non UK address on it when you took delivery in Sept 2005 - didn't you change this and inform DVLA when you then moved to the UK back in 2005?

That notwithstanding, I can't imagine Audi assuming any responsibility for your personal situation in terms of having to provide you with advice on import/export implications, let alone compensation for consequential loss.

I think there may be a tad of a naming and shaming issue too.
Jeremy Hicks email address - Altea Ego
As you vehicle is marked as a permanent export, you can drive it around with no road tax till you get it fixed. Its not subject to sorn, it wont show on ANPR, so you have no problem
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Jeremy Hicks email address - cheddar
Tis strange how the Audi dealer gave 12 months RFL on a car they apparently thought was to be exported. Me thinks the dealer did not understand the implications and the OP has a case.
Jeremy Hicks email address - Bill Payer
I'm slightly baffled by the train of events here (perhaps the deletions don't help) but what the heck has this got to do with Audi? Do they own the dealership concerned?
Jeremy Hicks email address - DavidHM
pmbw - What are you after? A claim in tort for negligent misstatement? Alternatively, a sale of goods issue - car not being fit for purpose?

You might possibly have a claim as either, although neither is going to be a slam-dunk in my opinion - I'm less legally qualified than you, for now, though.

In any event you've had a whole year to mitigate your loss, either by changing the incorrect address on the V5 (which is a legal requirement on you, with which you have failed to comply) and, if that was not possible or you didn't receive a V5, by filling out a V62 to obtain a valid one.

Also, in legal or everyday English, what are "neglectful instructions?" How is your loss "unwarrantable"? How did JH's company (Audi UK Ltd?) ever advise you or in fact deal with you whatsoever?

Finally, elements of your claim like the ferry and so on - are they really losses arising naturally from any possible breach of contract/duty over a year ago, and therefore recoverable?