Pajero - alvin booth
My neighbours 3 door pajero (ex jap)
This morning he noticed a large amount of play in the hatchback door bottom hinge.
Down to the dealer who tells him that he can't supply an hinge pin but has to have a complete hinge. Cost £90.00+vat.
Also a respray of that area at another £60.
Anyone any experience or advice.
alvin
Re: Pajero - Mark (Brazil)
If it is just the pin, get one made - just about any metal shop would do that for a tenner.
Re: Pajero - Andy Bairsto
You could make a pin yourself ,take the old pin out and measure it ,buy some stainless rod 1 mm bigger and hammer home
Re: Pajero - Mike Harvey
Hinge pins are often 'roll pins' which can be bought cheaply from fastner suppliers/ hardware type shops. You may well find a Vauhall disc pad retaining roll pin about the right size. Getting the old ones out though is a different matter. We have special hinge pin removing tools to do the job.
Mike
Re: Pajero - Mike Harvey
'Vauxhall'
Sorry
Mike
Re: Pajero - Ian Chandler
The worst thing you can do if you need a part for a Pajero is go to the thieves who operate as Mitsubishi dealers - their prices are exorbitant. There's a thriving market in secondhand and independently imported parts.
Troll the web - or one place to try is JM Auto Parts in Doncaster, 01302 770888 - they break these things and will probably flog a hinge quite cheaply.
Re: Pajero - T.Lucas
JM Autos otherwise known as Johnney Pajeros,all parts,all good prices,next day delivery.
Pin Removal Technology - Rob Govier
Please tell me more!

I have a stubborn pin in a Pug 405

Mail me off-group if desired.

rg
Re: Pin Removal Technology - Mark (Brazil)
the pad retaining rod is too thin and flexes/ But something similar would work.
Re: Pajero - ROBIN
I wont tell you what Pajero is Spic slang for,but it seems appropriate.
Its the man with lovely 405 I've come to see.
Mine just screw out upwards using the appropriate torx socket,you may need to plus gas them first,the thread is in the top arm of the hinge,by the way.
Sadly the actual metal hinge thing wears too,and i havent investigated that,but it looks bodgeable.You might even be able to bore and sleeve it,but the door would have to come off and they are surprisinly heavy and awkward.