Breakdown cover - Alwyn
Further to Bogush thread below, has anyone any experience of breakdown recovery companies other than the AA or RAC.

Direct Line, Green Flag?
Re: Breakdown cover - sam
who do the abd recommend ?

surely cannot be the aa or rac ?
Re: Breakdown cover - terry
I've always found Britannia Rescue pretty good - and reasonably priced. I believe they came out well in some Which? surveys too.
Re: Breakdown cover - martin
I Have cover with Green Flag via Sarga insurance. Have had to call them out twice in the UK over 4 yrs, each time no problems, very fast in arriving, polite and got the problem sorted out. I also called there agents when on holiday in S.France, that is another thing, altogether not the fault of Green Flag. Avoid French break down if you can, complete nutters!

Also, I know that with Sarga if you get breakdown recovery with your insurance, it costs something like £70 a year for full Euro cover, road side and retrun to home service (or hotel if in Europe) is included.
Re: Breakdown cover - Andrew Ward
Girlfriend had to call out Green Flag last weekend (Canterbury) - took 2 hours to arrive! Called several times after 1 hour estimated arrival time and got "he'll be there in 2 mins", "he's just round the corner now" etc.
Complained and got £10 voucher back...
Has also called them out once before and they misdiagnosed sticking brakes as a "carburettor fault" - car has fuel injection!
Not much faith in them I'm afraid...
Re: Breakdown cover - martin
Well swings and roundabouts, i am sure they don't have a perfect track record, but i had the same kind of treatment from the RAC before green flag. So its luck of the draw on who you get and the region!

There are perhaps some stats on the performance of these companies, must check them out.
Re: Breakdown cover - Pete
Britannia rescue are certainly cheap. I pay under £50 a year for breakdown, recovery and they'll turn at my home too. Haven't had to use them yet but the price seems right!
Re: Breakdown cover - D Hudson
Used Green Flag from Germany - service was superb, pickup in 40 mins. delivered to main agent, who was expecting me, repair immediate (and probably a lot cheaper than in UK!)
Re: Breakdown cover - neil
Big thing about Green Flag (now owned by Direct Line incidentally) is that they INCLUDE 12 months European cover, unlike RAC/AA. However, as they use garages rather than own staff, you can get a superb mechanic or a halfwit - but then again, that seems to be so with AA as well. And their £10 refund if over the hour seems fair. they also do some corking deals for Barclaycard and/or BarclayLoan customers (had one years ago, but just mention it, they don't ask for details, just give you a whacking discount...)

Also, they alow you to add personal cover to one vehicle cover - and a partner gets personal cover free as part of the deal - so they cover in effect anything me or my wife drive...

And they don't charge for post RTA recovery - which I'm told RAC/AA now do?
Re: Breakdown cover - Roger K.
I use GEM (based in East Sussex.)
Excellent service and very good rates: about £50 for full recovery and home start.

Phone: 01342 825676

Also does insurance.
Re: Breakdown cover - j.cronin
I've used Britannia rescue twice-both times got to me exactly when they said they would-recovered me back to my to my own house and tools which is what I asked for so I have no idea of their technical expertise.They're cheaper if you're a member of the Civil Servants Motoring Association(CSMA) but you don't have to be.