Citroen ZX tyres - Rob Kerss
I drive a Citroen ZX 1.9D Temptation which needs new front tyres very soon.
Citroen recommend only 175/65 R14 MXT tyres. Michelin say that I can also use Energy MXT or Energy XT1 tyres.
Can I use either of the Energy tyres with confidence and has anyone had experience of these, particularly on the front wheels of the ZX diesel?
Re: Citroen ZX tyres - John Slaughter
Rob

MXT's are now discontinued. The XT1 is Michelin's suggested replacement. You may find a few MXT's about, though. I found a pair last week for my Corsa, at a price just above those for Michelin Classics (which aren't 'low rolling resistance' Energy tyres) so I bought them as they undercut the XT1's by a fair margin.

I've been quite happy with the latest Michelins (MXT and Pilot HX) - worlds away from the 'which end will slide first' wet weather performance of the ZX's!

Regards

john
Re: Citroen ZX tyres - Ian Cook
I used Energy MXT on my previous ZX TD Estate and they were fine. Good wet weather performance, quiet (VERY IMPORTANT) and they seemed to be turning in about 22K on the front and over double that on the back. I've run Citroens since 1993 (BX, Xantia TD, ZX D, ZX TD, C15D van, Xantia HDI) and, in my experience, Michelin seem to suit them.

Ian
Re: Citroen ZX tyres - thanks - Rob Kerss
Many thanks for the replies. I have paid £49.99 including VAT and balacing for Michelin XT1 tyres at a local large tyre dealer (Tyres Northampton Ltd). The national tyre chains were charging around £70 including balancing and VAT.