Hit and Run - ian (cape town)
From Reuters.
This is one of the most disturbing things I've read.

A Texas nurse's aid faces murder charges after hitting a man as she drove and then letting him bleed to death over two to three days while he was trapped in her car's windscreen, police said on Thursday.

Gregory Glen Biggs, 37, was hurled headfirst through the windscreen by the impact, his broken legs lying across the car's hood, Lieutenant Jesse Hernandez said.

Chante Mallard, 25, told investigators she panicked after hitting the man on a Fort Worth highway near her home one night last October. She drove to her house, parked the car in her garage and ignored his pleas for help, police said.

Biggs, who lived in a city homeless shelter, died of blood loss and shock over the course of two to three days, according to the coroner's report. He probably would have survived with medical attention, police said.

Mallard was arrested on Wednesday after police received a tip in the investigation that started with the discovery of Biggs' body in a park, where it was apparently dumped after he died.

"I'm going to have to come up with a new word. Indifferent isn't enough. Cruel isn't enough to say. Heartless? Inhumane? Maybe we've just redefined inhumanity here," Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney Richard Alpert told the Worth Star-Telegram, which first reported the arrest.

Mallard told police she had been drinking and taking the drug ecstasy before the accident.

Police said a search of Mallard's home found the car still in the garage, with the windscreen broken and blood and hair evidence intact.
Re: Hit and Run - Big Vern
Apparently she went in a couple of times of the 2 - 3 days to apologise!! That is what really got me
BBC news link
Re: Hit and Run - pugugly
Hmmmmmm!
Re: Hit and Run - Ian Cook
Ian

The woman is obviously a pathetic sub human, but the one who really takes the biscuit is her lawyer. His view was that the police were exaggerating - "This was simply a case of failure to stop and render aid. At most the body was in her home for 12 to 14 hours".

Ian
Re: Hit and Run - Wee Eckie