rover 216 check engine light - jimborover216
the check engine light comes on on my 216 with honda engine.
garage says nowt wrong, but the emissions must be wrong for it to come on surely?? advise please
rover 216 check engine light - redviper
Hi

A Bit more info

Does it happen when driving/ engine under load/ engine not under load/ accelrating /deaccelrating?

how many miles has it done? how old is the car?

When was it last serviced?

Do you notcie anything different, when the light is on (loss of power etc)

i might not be able to help, but this onfo will give some of the pro guys on here a bit more help
rover 216 check engine light - redviper
BTW I am aware of the typo's - my hands are cold, and I have fat fingers!
rover 216 encore
72,000 miles driven previously by 70 year old now driven by 37 year old with heavy foot.
the light used to come on after 10 mins of 70 mph ie mway conditions ,driven at constant speen i notice that when the light comes on the engine races momentarily. no loss of power just a little burp.
however last 2 days its been very lumpy when starting in cold and wett (possible ht leads) could it be related
rover 216 check engine light - elekie&a/c doctor
Pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell and you will see a large metal plate behind which is housed the engine control unit.To the centre and top is a small round window which allows visible access to a red Led.If there are any fault codes logged, turn on ignition and count the flashes of the Led.The flash code can then be checked against ecu data.
how do i know what the number of flashes means?