Omega mpg 2.0 vs 2.2 - Babygotoo
Could someone provide some real mpg figures for the last generation Omega 2.0 and 2.2 engines. Pros and cons of these engines would be welcome in addition to HJ's C by C breakdown.

Thanks
Omega mpg 2.0 vs 2.2 - SpamCan61 {P}
Well my last two 2 litres ( both with manual boxes) have managed a pretty consistent 38 mpg ish on my mostly motorway commuting dropping to around 35 on mixed journeys & 30 when used for shopping trolley / school run work. 'normal' issues with the 2 litre are sticky idle air control valve / blocked breathers; sometimes limited HT lead coil pack life; seemingly random crank/cam sensor failure. None of these are particularly expensive to fix if you shop around for parts, although crank senor replacement is a right PITA if you have aircon.
Omega mpg 2.0 vs 2.2 - Babygotoo
SpamCan61,

Those mpg figure give me hope, did you find anything to alleviate the idle control valve issues, how did you find the potential tyre issues?

Anyone with a 2.2?

Thanks

Ellis
Omega mpg 2.0 vs 2.2 - SpamCan61 {P}
Those mpg figure give me hope, did you find anything to
alleviate the idle control valve issues, how did you find the
potential tyre issues?
Anyone with a 2.2?
Thanks
Ellis

>>

Whoops...just noticed your queries.

In terms of IACV then make sure the crankcase breathers are free of gunge. a temporary fix can be had by removing & cleaning out the IACV now and again, it isn't too difficult or time conuming on the 2 litre.

I've not had tyre wear issues with my 2 litres, back tyres last 30K plus, fronts even more - this is with Pirelli P6000. Having said that SWMBO's 2.5 estate used to get through rear tryes every 15K, maybe it's just the V6s that are heavy on tyres. Uneven front tyre wear often points to worn front suspension bushes, these are awkward and expensive to replace & set up.

I don't know any 2.2 litre owners, maybe worth asking over on the omega_owners yahoo group or the various vauxhall forums.
Omega mpg 2.0 vs 2.2 - honeybear
My old 2.0 auto gave about 30 mpg on a mixed run , heavy on rear tyres, inside tyre wear on fronts as toe is non adjustable to eliminate completely, cam belt tensioners fail if left too long, idle valves get gunged up, abs control units are in engine bay in a posistion open to the elements,most jobs are easy to do.