Parking at Stanstead airport - CheapNcheerfull
Keep this quick,

Cheapest way to park at Stanstead Airport for a couple of days, keep it sensible please ;-)
Parking at Stanstead airport - Waino
If it's only for a couple of days, you may as well use the long-stay car park. The shuttle bus system is very good. If you're concerned about the extra time between short/medium/long stay car parks, what's an extra 15 mins in the dreary 2-3 hour wait anyway?

I live about 50 miles away, and it's only worth messing about if you've a stay of more than a week or so (IMHO).

Parking at Stansted airport - Avant
You may need to allow extra time, as last time I heard of someone going to Stansted (sic) some idiot was digging up the service road leading in to the car parks - at the beginning of the holiday season.
Parking at Stansted airport - Altea Ego
Agree with waino, the bus service from the long term car park is good
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Parking at Stanstead airport - CGNorwich
Unlike the other London airports Stanstead has an effective monopoly on parking so you will find parking a lot dearer than say Gatwick where there are numerous independant operators. Only viable alternative that I know of is BSFC parking - (Bishops Stortford Football Club) whom I have found very efficient and will save you a few pounds

Parking at Stanstead airport - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am with CGN on this. I have used the football club parking for some years now and the service is good. I have just paid £38.00 for 4 days there, this is the minimum stay BTW. I recommend them and no connection apart from being a long standing user. I also get a 50p per day reduction (!) by being a member of the CSMA and booking thru them. It is still good value with out the discount!
Parking at Stanstead airport - BB
Depending on duration of stay, it can be more economical to stay at one of the airport hotels and get upto 15 days parking included in the price. I think the last time we did this we paid £59 for a nights stay with 15 days parking. Much cheaper than paying for parking at the long / medium stay.

Parking at Stanstead airport - Altea Ego
just paid £38.00 for 4 days there

Four days parking at Stanstead Pink elephant Long stay car park, advance booking is £28.80 for 4 days
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
That is a good price but how far is it from check-in and how frequent is the transfer service?
Parking at Stanstead airport - pmh
Next door to the Hilton, closer than BSFC, I cannot recall ever waiting more than 10 mins for a transfer bus, often the bus is at the terminal, waiting, on return.
--

pmh (was peter)

Parking at Stanstead airport - daveyjp
Loads of side streets on the road to Bishops Stortford - free parking. Walk to BS railway station get train to airport.
I may well be wrong but my regular visits to Stansted make me think that the parking next to the Hilton is the Mid-stay which is £14 a day. Perhaps the long-stay is in that area as well?
Parking at Stanstead airport - pmh
The Midstay (£14)is halfway from Longstay(£8) to Terminal. Xfer is free.

Hilton backs on to Longstay, see
www.hilton.co.uk/property/1114_HotelSurroundings.j...9

Sometimes if LS is full you get low cost use of MS using a voucher.

www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/stansted/stansted-p...l

www.pinkelephantparking.com/ This site is triumph of teeny designers over commonsense! (and it does not even work properly in my version of Firefox).
--

pmh (was peter)

Parking at Stanstead airport - tack
I booked in advance with e-parking. Used the mid-term park. Put my credit card in slot on arrival, parked up, hopped on bus and at terminal in 10 mins. On arrival back, bus to car, inserted credit card on way out. Done dusted.

There was no problem getting there or getting home. £43 for 4 days.

(this was last weekend by the way)
Parking at Stanstead airport - CheapNcheerfull
All

Thanks for the advice, I'll check all options.

Cheers
CnC