Roof-box/Aero bar problem - guzzles
Hi,

sorry if this has been posted in the wrong forum.

I have a set of Audi roof bars, and am trying to fit my mate's roof box. The roof bars I have are the 'aero' type with a T-track. What I need to know is, where do I get the T-bolts from (halford don't stock them), and will 4 T-bolts be enough to hold a large roof box?
Roof-box/Aero bar problem - Lord Of The Rings
If the roof bars are Genuine Audi Accessories (supplied by Audi) then they are most likely Thule OEM items badged up as Audi parts. You don't mention the brand of roof box which you are trying to fit.

Thule themselves do not generally supply spare parts directly, instead they refer you to one of their approved stockists, such as Halfords. Even if Halfords don't normally stock the T-bolts, they should be able to order them for you. A list of all approved Thule dealers is available on their web site.

There are probably also various online shops selling Thule products who may also be able to supply the T-bolts. You could also try your local Audi dealer, of course.

To be on the safe side, I would check with Thule or your local Audi dealer regarding the specific roof box mounting requirements. Also bear in mind that irrespective of the roof box volume, the maximum permissible load depends on a variety of factors - including the roof box itself, the type of mountings and the particular vehicle being used. You should also adapt your driving style according as the car handles differently due to the displacement of the vehicle's centre of gravity.
Roof-box/Aero bar problem - jc2
Many roofboxes can be fitted using "U" bolts which go round the whole bar and do not need the special fittings.
Roof-box/Aero bar problem - cheddar
Halfords can order most Thule items, they ordered spare keys for me which were 24 hour couriered to home, cost nearly 30 quid though of course i shouldn't have lost the roof box key in the first place!
Roof-box/Aero bar problem - IanJohnson
Measure the size of the slot and get some standard plated bolts which will fit to fasten the box on with. Should only be a problem if the top of the T is unusually thin.

Have not seen the original bolts but don't feel they will be any different. After all aluminium trains have loads of equipment hung under them on t slots using standard bolts and the same method is used to hold the valley rafer im my conservatory down.