Clio heater - andy sampson
My girlfriend has recently bought a 'P' Reg Clio 1.4 RT, the heater is appaling on it and only warms the car up when the fan is on No3 setiing (the fan works fine), Before I consider ripping the dashboard to bits is there any common probs on these models with the heater set up.

I have considered damaged linkages and blocked heater matrix etc but before I investigate further just want to know if anyone else as had a similar prob.

Many Thanks

Andy
Re: Clio heater - phil ireland
Had similiar problems with daughters 94 Clio. Check no airlock first. Then check the heater matrix has not moved out of the distribution box. Its held in by four tatty plastic hooks. there are a couple of screw fixings on the moulding but on daughters car these had not been used. With fan running check for leakage of air round the edge of matrix. cure this with duck tape all round edges. Check also that flap is closing correctly. The outer bowden cable can move in the clip and this results in cold air coming into the system. IMHO car is already overcooled and benefits from diy radiator blind. HTH.
Re: Clio heater - martin
I have a Clio diesel, and whilst I realise that diesels' heaters take a while to warm up, I think that the heater output is poor. Even when it is warmed up
and there's hot air in the facia vents there is very little warm air in the footwells
particularly the driver's side. Maybe its a Clio thing.
If you search on "Clio" on this site you'll see that someone queried a problem with their Clio heater on 6/12/01 but got no replies.