Ford KA - scampie
We have just bought a T regFord KA, We cannot get the spark plugs out to change even with WD40? also rear wash wiper packed up suddendly today just stopped working, contacts cleaned and checked that the prongs touch contacts when boot closed?? any help?? thanks
Ford KA - piston power
i suggest you warm up the engine then have a go at the plugs, turn only slightly one way then the other back and forth till they start to move, a bad design on these engines if they have been in a while, once there out put copper slip on the threads of the new plugs, if they break then you will have to take the head off! as for your wiper have you checked the fuse? or a feed to the motor?
Ford KA - ChicksFan
I agree with bigtee, but try PLUSGAS rather than WD40. Some folk have had more success with that.

Ron
Ford KA - trymybest
if you do snap the plugs off it is possible to remove the thread without having to remove the head .i have found that a 10 mm multi spline will fit into the offending plug and can be removed with aid of a 1/2 breaker bar.
Ford KA - trymybest
sorry forgot about the rear wiper,give the tailgate hinge pins a knock to break the rust build up this usually works
Ford KA - mjm
Is it stuck spark plug week? That's 2 KA's and a Seat so far -----
Ford KA - mfarrow
wash wiper packed up suddendly today just stopped working, contacts cleaned
and checked that the prongs touch contacts when boot closed?? any
help?? thanks

Are the prongs nice and springy? The ones on my mates fiesta (albeit heated window only) had such a poor contact that it had overheated and melted the pins' surrounding plastic!

Also check you've got a good earth (test between boot and body with the lid closed if you can find something metal). If demister working rule this out.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Ford KA - rover 75
When you've carried out previously suggested checks and still no joy try spraying WD40 into the switch on the steering wheel , then move the switch back and forth - it may work and if it does you will require a new switch ! Don't forget to close the tailgait.
Ford KA - yorkiebar
have you got a voltmeter or test light (screwdriver with lead type tool) or even a bulb and wires you can rig up to test voltage to the contacts and then to the wiper?

if any of this or can rig up a test bulb will be happy to lead you through a series of basic tests to see where your problem lies.