Scenic II worn leather. - aahbarnes
We have had a 54 reg Scenic 2 from new. The leather on the side of the bolster on the drivers seat as started to crack. Is this something the warranty will cover?

It's a company car, but we intend to purchase it at the end of the lease, so could do with this sorted.
Scenic II worn leather. - Falkirk Bairn
It is under warranty - give the problem to Renault main dealer.

Every sooften you should give leather a clean & feed but less than 2 years the problem is warranty.
Scenic II worn leather. - Dynamic Dave
Has the leather ever been 'fed' (ie, a product applied at regualr intervals that keeps the leather supple) to stop it from drying out and cracking?
Scenic II worn leather. - Altea Ego
miles?

I assume its a dynamique? The problem is that the dynamique has the half leather sport seats, the side bolsters being quite high. Its ok in a Laguna or Megane as you step down into the seats, but in the higher Scenic you step up and slide over the bolster, in effect creasing it each time.

You may struggle with getting this fixed FOC so mileage is key.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
It's done 25K miles, it's a priviledge. It does indeed have half leather seats and the crack is along a crease. The passenger seat is showing signs of wear too and that has hardly been sat in!
25k is too soon, pursue a warranty claim with Renault
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Scenic II worn leather. - mike hannon
In general terms, rather than this specific case, people often don't seem to remember that leather is a natural substance - it was once alive! - and needs regular care from new, using appropriate products, to keep it in good condition.
It isn't just an extra gizmo that's there to be shown off and can be played with until it stops working.
Indeed but consider that its been cured, treated and fed at manufacture to ensure it will at least meet the basic requirments of use for a reasonable period of time.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Scenic II worn leather. - mike hannon
Like until the guarantee runs out?
Guarantees are shorter in France - maybe this one has a 'home market' interior that slipped through the net!
Like until the guarantee runs out?

Yes about then
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Scenic II worn leather. - Xileno {P}
For it to have worn at this age can only mean it's either been abused (not implying it has) or it's a poor quality piece of leather.
My mother's 17 year old Volvo has leather seats and apart from a very minor bit of wear about two inches long on the drivers edge (not torn or creased, just a bit worn) it's like the day it was new. And it has never been treated with any polishes etc.
For it to have worn at this age can only mean
it's either been abused (not implying it has) or it's a
poor quality piece of leather.

I think the problem is that the bolster foam is too soft, allowing the leather to crease too much and hence eventually split. The half leather was a no cost option, i'm now thinking it was a bad idea!
Yes as I said its a known issue, was Ok in the Laguna (48k and 2.5 years) as you step down into it and dont crease the bolster.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Turns out the side of the bolster is vinyl, so it's not actually leather which has split. Warranty claim is in process ...