£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - local yokel
tinyurl.com/ez8rx - fetched £2,100 last night. OK so it has only 27k miles, SH, and is in close to new condition, but that much for an 11 year old car?

Does the panel agree?
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - mss1tw
You should see the prices people pay for worthless motorbikes on there...
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Bill Payer
Whenever I see a low mileage diesel I wonder what possessed the original purchaser to pay what would have been a substantial amount more for the car than a petrol when the car was new.

I had a 405 GTX in the early 90?s, and I was so impressed it made me look at the 106 for my wife and I ended up buying one.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - mike hannon
It should be understood that Ebay is good at putting people in touch with what they need or are looking for out of interest, but that's exactly what sellers are aware of - hence very little is bought cheaply.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - DP
I would have saved the best part of 2 grand and bought a 127k miler. They're good for it.

Cheers
DP
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - local yokel
They fetch about £800 in good tidy order, everything working, up to about 150k on Ebay. Mine cost that when I'd fixed the front suspension, and I'm very pleased with it.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Xileno {P}
Completely insane. That sort of money is 406 territory.
I would be highly suspicious of such a low mileage on a diesel. Even if it's genuine, I wonder what sort of use it has had?
It always amazes me what people pay for things on e-bay. Last Christmas I was looking at a bread maker, there was a model just what I wanted for sale second hand. The only problem is that it was only a tenner less than a brand new one...
Humans are odd creatures.
I've just had a clearout at home and sold 2 printer injket cartridges for the same price as I paid for them new nearly a year ago.

I have bought bargains though. You just have to do your research carefully. That said, I wouldn't personally buy any kind of vehicle off Ebay.

Cheers
DP
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Carse
Taxi purchase me thinks? Therefore mileage, condition and size all matter more than model and age.

(age obviously dependant on component degradation due to age)

Carse
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Martin1981
Despite its age, there could be anything up to 10 years left in this car yet if its well looked after. Peugeots are generally renowned for their longevity, particularly on the engine and bodywork side of things. My 306TD is 12 years old and has racked up 180k but the bodywork is almost as good as new barring a few scratches and stone chips, a stark contrast to some Fords, Vauxhalls et al of a similar age and half the mileage. An XUD lump with only 27k is, on average around 1/10 of the way through its life provided it is serviced at the correct intervals.

Martin
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - bell boy
its still an 11 year old pewgot that has seen 10 british (yorkshire ) winters i value this car at £995
Not a penny more not a penny less........
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Stuartli
>>and bought a 127k miler>>

May just very well be in this case - second time round the clock...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - aahbarnes
May just very well be in this case - second time
round the clock...:-)

6 figure mileometer on these.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Thommo
Ebay is a very strange place. Some people seem to be making a good living selling what is basically trash.

That said its a very good place for 'not the latest thing' electronic equipment such as camera that only have 6m pixels instead of 8m even though only an expert with a a magnifying glass can tell the difference in the resulting pictures.

Going off topic now so I'll stop there.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - madf
I have bought car spoares - mainly Mark 3 fiesta parts - wing mirrors brand new - for less than half Ford dealer prices - on ebay.
And I buy my ink cartridges which new are £25 for less than £8 on ebay. ( this requires discrimination and time: I set up long term 6 month searches and wait and wait..)

But sometimes people pay silly prices for stuff - that's human nature in a "I want it NOW" culture. I want it at a certain price and above that I don't want it . And I snipe only.

My PC is 100% second hand except for the hard drive and software. £100 and Windows XP..
madf
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - boxsterboy
There's a lot to be said for these old-tech XUD diesels - at least they can be DIY-fixed unlike many a modern Common Rail diesel.

The interior should be a tell-tale if the mileage is genuine - I recall our 405s not showing their miles too well, but they were always good drives.
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - r_welfare
The interior should be a tell-tale if the mileage is genuine
- I recall our 405s not showing their miles too well,
but they were always good drives.

Interesting - my own L-reg 405GLDT has 177k on the clock but the interior still looks like new, and is original. If only it had 150k less miles and was an estate...saloons are worth very little, well-maintained or not it seems!
I want it at a certain price and above that I don't want it

That in a nutshell is the key to success with Ebay, or any auction come to that.

A lot of people can't seem to grasp that there'll be another along in a minute.

Cheers
DP
Need to sell one of my motorbikes soon. Will give Ebay a try and report back the result.

Its a V reg 855 Triumph Tiger, 10k miles, treated like a baby, I reckon £2,600 is a fair price for it so I'll set that as the hidden reserve and see what happens.

As Miss says bikes do seem to go for strangely high prices on Ebay.
As Miss says

Oi! ;o)
Yeah that jokes getting a bit old now.
I would change my username...but I have no idea what to!
£2100 for 27k 405TD on Ebay - Stuartli
>>6 figure mileometer on these.>>

Amazing.

1,027,000 miler and still worth four figures...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by