Audi Service Interval - wbd
The 2001 Audi A4 is a clever car it tells on the display(spanner icon) the time/miles to its next service. But how does it know when oil, filters, brake fluid etc., have been changed?

And what does it mean when the display shows 'dashes' for time and miles not any figures?

Brian
Audi Service Interval - daveyjp
It knows when it's been serviced because part of the service is to reset the indicator. Of course the indicator can be reset without even opening the bonnet - so beware. Brake fluid changes are up to the owner - every two years IIRC and the service book should be stamped to show it has been done and this should be supported by an invoice for the work.

The indicator shows dashes for a few hundred miles after being reset (or at least it does on my 2005 model Audi).
Thanks DAveyjp

How does it get reset? can it be done by anyone viz., a non-Audi service

regards
Brian
Audi Service Interval - daveyjp
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=15740&...f
The FIS display for Service Interval shows dashes after the service interval has been RESET when a service is done. These will show a new interval after a hundred miles or so driving.

THe interval can be reset by Audi on their computer or by those in the know, a sequence of IGN key and push/pull buttons?

That's it I think

Regards

Brian
Audi Service Interval - Big Vern
I think it covers this in the owners handbook. It is something along the lines of holding down service / reset dash buttons when turning on the ignition.

Will check at home later
Audi Service Interval - Dynamic Dave
As Big Vern says.

This seems to be a common trick across the VAG range of motors (and Citroen / Vauxhall / AN Other)

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=37...6
Audi Service Interval - Big Vern
From page 21 of the owners manual, to reset the service indicator:

Switch off the ignition

Press and hold the service button (the spanner button) switch on ignition. Display will show Service in ????? or Service!

Press and hold the reset button (marked 0.0) next to service button until the display shows Service in --- km or --days or Service!

Thats what I like, no fancy tools required.

Audi Service Interval reset - Big Vern
From page 21 of the handbook.

Switch of igntion

Press and hold the service button (spanner button) whilst switching the ignition on. The display will show Service in ??????km or Service!

Press and hold the reset button (marked 0.0) next to the service button unitl the display shows Service in -- km or Service!

Thats it, no fancy tools required!