peugeot 206 remote locking system - r3d_dwarf
having just bought a peugeot 206 1.4 lx on an x plate 2000 model i realised i didnt have a remote for the central locking system, so i bought a second hand one from a breakers yard ( peugeot dealer quoted £50 for a new one !! ) then having seen an ad on ebay saying that this person can show you how you can set the remote system up on the 206 for only two quid only to find it didnt do anything, so, rang peugeot again and for them to re register the remote would cost me £30 quid! and its only a 5 minite job! anyway before i grudgingly book it in is their anyone out their know how to do it yourself? or anyone had a sinular experiance??
thanks for any advice/help
gary
peugeot 206 remote locking system - psi
Your locking plip should have 2 buttons on it:
1, Unlock the door with the key
2, Press and hold the large plip button (the light on the key should be flashing) wait for 20 seconds and press the small button on the plip once, the light should stop flashing
3, Release the large button, the light on the plip should stay on
4, press the large button once, the light goes out.
5, Enter the car, hold the key next to the ignition barrell, press the large button once
6, Switch the ignition on, wait for 10 seconds and switch off.
7, wait for 5 seconds, the plip should now operate.
peugeot 206 remote locking system - r3d_dwarf
Your locking plip should have 2 buttons on it:

its got one button on the fob, apparently i was told that its the one to have, being an lx and all, i spose i got the wrong one then?
typical.
peugeot 206 remote locking system - psi
i posted the glx instructions. thought they were the same key