VW Bora Windscreen Wipers - Keith Fellows
Has anybody had a problem with the windscreen wipers on a VW Bora? I was out in my dad's brand new one on Saturday when the wipers suddenly packed up (completely dead on all settings). We found somewhere to park and checked the fuse which was OK. After about half an hour we were just about to ring the breakdown people when we tried them again and they were fine. The car is fitted with a rain sensor and when they stopped working they were on the intermittent setting. Has anybody got any ideas what could have happened?
Re: VW Bora Windscreen Wipers - Andrew Barnes

Take it to the dealers for a check, I think a faulty rain sensor might throw an error code?

Andrew
www.hispecgolfs.co.uk

>
> Has anybody had a problem with the windscreen wipers on a VW
> Bora? I was out in my dad's brand new one on Saturday when
> the wipers suddenly packed up (completely dead on all
> settings). We found somewhere to park and checked the fuse
> which was OK. After about half an hour we were just about to
> ring the breakdown people when we tried them again and they
> were fine. The car is fitted with a rain sensor and when
> they stopped working they were on the intermittent setting.
> Has anybody got any ideas what could have happened?
Re: VW Bora Windscreen Wipers - Andy Bairsto
I believe they also have a sensor that stops the wipers when you are stopped at lights ,my last Bmw Z3 had this and it was so annoying.But go along the lines of the rain sensor.At least its under gaurentee if you find the problem let us all know.
Regards Andy Bairsto
Re: VW Bora Windscreen Wipers - James
Surely this is techinology for its own sake. How difficult is it to switch the wipers on when you need them? (This isn't a swipe at VW - just marketing depts.)
Re: VW Bora Windscreen Wipers - James
...or technology, even.