M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - henry k
No - not a BMW driver, they never go wrong ;-)

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/4777617...m

"Other motorists ignored electronic motorway signs which warned them about the oncoming vehicle and asked them to slow to 20mph. "

I have never seen a motorway sign showing 20mph.
Re a recent thread on the credibility of these signs being undermined, this really was one to be taken seriously.
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Dalglish
henry -

the article says "... officers set up a rolling road block to slow traffic down but the Ford Fiesta overtook the patrol ..".

how do they set up rolloing road block in reverse?

M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Civic8
suggests the drivers sight needs looking into,If driver did not see much in front as it seems.

Blurs are taken as obstacles to go round,not seeing whats actually going on
--
Steve
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Vin {P}
This is something that pops into my mind every so often as I round a bend on in the outside lane of a dual carriageway or motorway. Would I react, or freeze at the unexpected sight?

V
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - David Horn
Just one driver? Everyone was going the wrong way on the M1 this morning...
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - cheddar
I saw a Saab doing this on the M25 about 10 years ago, it was French registered IIRC, certainly from continental Europe.
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - glowplug
That's one way to beat the speed traps.........

I wonder what the punishment will be?

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Enoughalready
Apparently his wife phoned his mobile to warn him of a car going the wrong way on the motorway. He replied' One car? There's loads of them!"

P.S. The old ones are the best!
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - kennybase
Just one driver? Everyone was going the wrong way on
the M1 this morning...

That made me laugh - great start to the day. Thank you :)
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Enoughalready
Note to self: read all posts in future thoroughly
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - No FM2R
>>officers set up a rolling road block to slow traffic down but the Ford Fiesta overtook the patrol

Officers my ass, Highways Agency. Now where did they get their training, authority and ability to do such a thing ?
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - aaflyer
FM2R

I didn't know much about this group until I went to their website. Read the highly informative 'day in the life of a Highway's Agency Officer' (link below).

It' s the most contrived and tortured piece of text I've read in a long time. I love the way the writer has pretty much tried to include everything he can think of in order to justify what he does. And the descriptions of the timings and the operation of the rolling roadblocks had me cringing.

Read it and weep!

www.highways.gov.uk/knowledge/11233.aspx
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - Wales Forester
The ignorance displayed by people criticising the Highways Agency Traffic Officers never ceases to amaze me, they're there to help make things run smoother and safer, yet they get branded as 'wannabe police' and made out to be untrained and of no value.

Noone likes the idea of anyone other than the police having any sort of powers on the road, but the Traffic Management Act 2004 www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2004/20040018.htm clearly states what they are legally entitled to do.

At the end of the day they are supplementing the police motorway service, not trying to replicate or replace it.
M1 driver goes 12 miles wrong way - mss1tw
FM2R
I didn't know much about this group until I went to
their website. Read the highly informative 'day in the life of
a Highway's Agency Officer' (link below).

Why does everyone seem determined to bash these guys?