Diesel prices - David Horn
Around my way diesel has suddenly become 2p cheaper than petrol, trading at 98.9p/litre, while petrol is 1-2p above. Is there a reason for the sudden change of fortune? ;)
Diesel prices - daveyjp
Demand - diesel is also fuel oil. Less demand in summer for heating oil as heating systems are off so prices are lower. I've not seen diesel cheaper yet, but it is the same price at a number of stations around us, Shell in particular.
Diesel prices - y2k+4
IT seems to be the same price for either by us - but I'm sure that's just because they can't go above 99.9p/litre...
Diesel prices - DP
IT seems to be the same price for either by us
- but I'm sure that's just because they can't go above
99.9p/litre...

Also what I've found, although it is still possible to find 95.9 / 98.9 Unleaded/Diesel prices locally.

My mate paid £1.06/ltr for Super the other day for his ur-Quattro. Ouch!!

Cheers
DP
Diesel prices - Roly93
Its a con in the first place that diesel oil should be even near to petrol in price anyway. I've noticed this trend in Reading but I haven't seen it cheaper yet, but I will do on Friday when I go to France !!
Diesel prices - malteser
i have just filled up with 50 litres of diesel for £27.95 = 55.9 p. (or just over 82 eurocents per litre)! Where?, you ask
In Gibraltar, of course!
Diesel in Spain is now over 1 euro a litre - shock horror - and the differential between Gibraltatr& Spain is shrinking all the time :(

Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)
Diesel prices - robN
We all know that in the UK we are a bunch of mugs who pay far too much for fuel. In Reading, diesel prices peaked at 100.9 the other day, but have just gone back below the magic £1.00. I remember when diesel used to be cheaper than petrol. It only seems to have overtaken petrol prices since the UK latched onto the power/torque of the turbo diesel, and started buying more diesel cars than petrol. Are market forces at work here ?! At this rate, I'll think about going back to petrol !!
Diesel prices - Xileno {P}
If we want cheaper road fuel then we must be prepared to tolerate higher taxation somewhere else to compensate. Government has to raise revenue from somewhere.
Diesel prices - robN
The UK is changing from being an expensive country to live in, to an unaffordable place to live in. I guess we just have to accept it. The government will never listen, and when was the last time Tony Blair had to pay his own bills, sit in traffic jams, or fill his car up at the pump (and pay the credit card bill at the end of the month) ?
Diesel prices - Martin1981
I filled up my car the Peugeot 306 TD a couple of weeks ago and cost me £55 for a full tank at 99.9p a litre. When I first bought this car in April 2003 it cost just £40 to fill up, just goes to show how much fuel prices have increased. I'm just glad I can get at least 500 miles to a tank, but I'm even finding that expensive and frustrating to say the least. Think I'll consider a small diesel as my next car, such as a 206 1.4HDi-up to 65mpg by all accounts or failing that even a moped as I've only just graduated from University and started a new job but until the money starts rolling in, every penny counts at present!

Martin
Diesel prices - Armitage Shanks {p}
Xileno - I know it is out of our control and voting won't help but they could spend less! I don't want a Millenium Dome, an ID card, a biometric passport, my GP connected to a non-functional natiowide data base, sattelite/computer managed road charging. Doing without those might save £10 billion!
Diesel prices - David Horn
Xileno - I know it is out of our control and
voting won't help but they could spend less! I don't
want a Millenium Dome, an ID card, a biometric passport, my
GP connected to a non-functional natiowide data base, sattelite/computer managed road
charging. Doing without those might save £10 billion!

10 billion? That's an underestimate, I'd say, given the wastage of money in government.
Diesel prices - Xileno {P}
Or withdraw from Iraq and save £50 million a day.
Diesel prices - Andy P
"If we want cheaper road fuel then we must be prepared to tolerate higher taxation somewhere else to compensate. Government has to raise revenue from somewhere."

Shouldn't that be "If we want cheaper road fuel we need a Government that doesn't waste taxpayer's money on quangos, a bloated public sector, gold-plated pensions for public sector workers, massive subsidies for MPs.......sorry, must stop this....."

Seriously, this country was a business it would have been declared bankrupt years ago and it's directors banned from ever running a company again.

Rant over.
Diesel prices - autumnboy
My way, the diesel is cheaper by 1.5p at 98p/ltr than petrol in our local garage, but the supermarkets are the opposite way round.
Diesel prices - DP
Paid 93.9 for diesel two days ago thanks to a 5p per litre discount from Sainsbury's after the weekly shop.

Saved just under £3 filling up the Mondeo. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick at any rate!

Cheers
DP