Ebay item I need advice on - P E
Hello everyone, I am thinking about bidding for this Land Rover, ebay item 150017236953 . Would value peoples comments as to what you think I should bid to.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
Ebay item I need advice on - Mike-H
I'd want to go and have a good look first, though you've not much time, and it could be a nice one or a money pit. Not clear how old it is either, as it's an import. I think viewing a vehicle like this is the only way. A good honest car will let you know, and the owner will too if they have had it lon enough.
Ebay item I need advice on - George Porge
Parked in a ravine, unwashed, dented, faded paint, small write up (with huge copy and paste of What Car road test. Do you really want this?
Ebay item I need advice on - Pugugly {P}
Have you owned a Defender before ? Be warned it's a love hate relationship. They can be right $£*!"s but I feel a rush of affection for mine evru time I see it . Example, my Landie is used at least twice a week, sometimes more. It started like a trooper all through the winter in really sub zero temps. Come the thaw - which was dry, would it start ? would it hel !.

Mechanic comes along it fires up as if nothing had happened. They are awkward cuses but I love mine dearly.

In fairness I think the one in the ad is a case of What you see is what you get, git at the right price and it turns out to be a dog you can always sell it on in bits and get your money back. Aluminium panels fetch a good price.......

I'd go for a test.
Ebay item I need advice on - lordwoody
I'd say a LWB truck cab is about the least attractive LR, unless you're specifically looking for this model
Ebay item I need advice on - blue_haddock
My gut reaction with this was don't. There are lots of landies out there, speak to your local club and they can often point you in the direction of a good sleection of half decent ones for sale.

I personally am not interested in what whatcar have to say - if your the sort of person to consult that to assist in purchasing a landie then i don't think it's the right vehicle for you. I'd want to know about things like the state of the chassis and bulkhead.
It looks a bit iffy on the Driver's side sill. Could be dirt or a bad picture.
Oh and ref the What CAr write up, I think some dusty squaddies would find it a bit offensive.....bearing in mind their recent experiences.
Thanks for all the advice. In the end I didn't win the auction for it, but I'm not too bothered, and there is plenty of choice. That particular one seemed to have been well used, although it would have suited my needs well.

The 110 pickup is the version I'm after. I'll probably post again soon with another ebay/autotrader example!

Thanks again for all the comments.

Patrick
Patrick,

These are specialized vehilces, I would suggest paying a bit extra at an Indie dealer. I have been tempted on to e-bay motors in the past but I wouldn't buy a Landie blind.
Ebay item I need advice on - blue_haddock
I'm with PU here - i've looked at a couple of landies off ebay for a friend who is looking to buy one. The first was advertised as in good condition but will probably need a plate or two for the MOT, went along with my trusty screwdriver and got underneath - the whole chassis was rotten and it would be a new chassis job in my opinion. The second one had a 'high quality' V8 conversion, if that was high quality i would hate to see what a bodge job would be.

Looking at the advert again I am quite pleased I didn't get it. I will follow your advice and head to an independent and/or keep my eyes peeled for a nicer one.